Thread: Working 8 Hours & Claiming ESA

Question Working 8 Hours & Claiming ESA

Hello,

My doctor signed me off as sick due to disability and needing surgery soon on a tumour in my neck.

I currently work eight hours, I have just been granted full ESA Assessment rate of £71, I phoned the JobCentre Plus and told them, and they said "we know it won't affect things", when I send back my summary, I sent to the medical sick note from the GP, and a wage slip. The DWP JobCentre returned this wage slip with a signature on it. I also sent a covering letter clearly stating I am employed and can only work eight hours.

I'm just a bit worried, that in time I'm going to get told I received an overpayment due to working and getting ESA.

I earn £69 a week from work, so at present I'm getting full ESA assessment rate and work wage plus higher mobility DLA.

I haven't been sent a PW1 form.

Has anyone had experience of this? I just don't want any headaches over this.

Thanks guys and gals.
    Last edited by Xign; 15-03-13 at 17:56.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Xign View Post
    Hello,

My doctor signed me off as sick due to disability and needing surgery soon on a tumour in my neck.

I currently work eight hours, I have just been granted full ESA Assessment rate of £71, I phoned the JobCentre Plus and told them, and they said "we know it won't affect things", when I send back my summary, I sent to the medical sick note from the GP, and a wage slip. The DWP JobCentre returned this wage slip with a signature on it. I also sent a covering letter clearly stating I am employed and can only work eight hours.

I'm just a bit worried, that in time I'm going to get told I received an overpayment due to working and getting ESA.

I earn £69 a week from work, so at present I'm getting full ESA assessment rate and work wage plus higher mobility DLA.

Thanks guys and gals.
    What your doing is allowed

work less than 16 hours a week, earn up to £99.50 a week for up to 52 weeks

https://www.gov.uk/employment-suppor...ce/eligibility

Just make sure that ESA know about the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xign View Post
    Hello,

Thanks guys and gals.
    As you are on assessment rate things may change after this ends depending on your circumstances.
    DLA is not counted.

You're probably in a 52 week permitted work period. Your earnings can be disregarded for means-tested benefits if this is the case.