Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fill in ESA50 great Link

davewhit

How to fill in ESA50 great Link

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/sites/defa...A50%202012.pdf

Very good link and advice on this site with a filled in ESA50 box by box

With the info on this link anyone should be able to fill in ESA50 IMO

Account removed
    Yes well somebody needs to show this to the ATOS doctors.

Using a catheter nothing
    Sticking your finger up your backside nothing
    Chronic pain nothing.

I did make a few points for using a wheelchair and crutches, but they said I was in control

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    Yes well somebody needs to show this to the ATOS doctors.

Using a catheter nothing
    Wearing a nappy 24/7 for bowel/bladder gets you into the support group a catheter is self contained and clean, I've tried them and i just end up with UTI after 3 days

vikstar
    This may well help people, but they should take into account that it is the ESA50 03/11, and not the new ESA50 01/13.

it is a good example of how to fill in the form but the only trouble is people are getting points but are finding they are either been put in to wrag when they have even scored enough points or are finding they are getting nothing even with points and like others say the main problem is ATOS are not following rules and are making things up to get people's benefit stopped, just a total sham and shambles.

DJMike
    Totally agree with mikeydt1.. May i also add that all the staff at ATOS are NOT Doctors, they are only Nurses. Wot do the Nurses know about someone with Health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMike View Post
    they are only Nurses. Wot do the Nurses know about someone with Health problems.
    Some nurses are very highley trained, so please don't knock them.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMike View Post
    Totally agree with mikeydt1.. May i also add that all the staff at ATOS are NOT Doctors, they are only Nurses. Wot do the Nurses know about someone with Health problems.
    many nurses these days have more than one degree and spend far more of there time talking to sick people, than drs ..... you have a better chance of a nurse understanding your day to day problems than a dr

a nurse covers from day to day care washing bathing drugs ect ect to Nurse consultants who are experienced nurses who are central to providing patients with fast and convenient services.

All nurse consultants spend a minimum of 50% of their time working directly with patients. In addition, nurse consultants are responsible for developing personal practice, being involved in research and contributing to the education, training and development of other nurses.

I would seriously question the professional ability of ATOS employees.
    Moreover, they are not employed to assess a persons health or to adhere to any code of patient care. They are there to follow a computer program designed to do the DWP's bidding in meeting targets to get people off sickness benefit and onto JSA in order to save money.
    In the words of that atos manager " working for atos is toxic" so which caring professional would work for atos?

I think that there is a widespread misconception that points will get you into the support group. This is not the case. To get in the support group you need to match one of the support group descriptors, page 10 to 12 of this document describes these.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_177366.pdf

Gaining 15 points or more will mean the WRAG. Less than 15 means no ESA.