Thread: Survey on lingerie for women with limited mobility

Survey on lingerie for women with limited mobility

This survey is conducted by conducted by Contour Fashion students at De Montfort University. The course studies in underwear design, and we have been set a group brief to design for a gap in the market, we have chosen to design for women with limited mobility, and would really appreciate some feedback to inform our project. The survey is entirely anonymous.
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X3J36LC

Account removed
    How would you define a gap in the market, most disabled people I know wear the fashion they like, I mean unless you going to make limited clothes for say a person with one leg or one arm, I cannot see any gaps which would not end up costing more.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    How would you define a gap in the market, most disabled people I know wear the fashion they like, I mean unless you going to make limited clothes for say a person with one leg or one arm, I cannot see any gaps which would not end up costing more.
    Well in answer to your question we are looking at lingerie specifically, not clothing, We are also looking at limited dexterity as well as mobility, and a lot of women have difficulty fastening their bras from behind, and using the traditional hook and eye method. This could be due to disability, an injury, a long term illness or arthritis. The range of front fastening bras available on the high street is very limited, and is completely split between medical looking high necked contraptions, or overtly sexual front closure bras. We were looking at designing a range of day to day front opening bras in base colours, as well as a more fashion forward range.