Thread: Completely at a loss

Completely at a loss

Hello, I am posting for any advice please

I am female and nearly 61 years. I have CF/ COPD and mental health issues. I was awarded High rate care and motability about 3 years ago , the award was ' indefinite' . I am fortunate enough to receive 2 hrs care foe 5days a week , Direct care payments. I have received the dreaded ' back -to-work' letter. The dwp phoned me and I answered her questions , ( I told her about receiving care from Carers too.... At the end of the conversation she said ' I cant see any reason why you will not be asked to attend the back to work appointment when it comes. I have to wait for the froms to arrive first though. I feel sick with all this worry and wondered if anyone could offer any advice please . Thank very much

Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    Hello, I am posting for any advice please

I am female and nearly 61 years. I have CF/ COPD and mental health issues. I was awarded High rate care and motability about 3 years ago , the award was ' indefinite' . I am fortunate enough to receive 2 hrs care foe 5days a week , Direct care payments. I have received the dreaded ' back -to-work' letter. The dwp phoned me and I answered her questions , ( I told her about receiving care from Carers too.... At the end of the conversation she said ' I cant see any reason why you will not be asked to attend the back to work appointment when it comes. I have to wait for the froms to arrive first though. I feel sick with all this worry and wondered if anyone could offer any advice please . Thank very much
    You only mention your DLA award but I'm assuming you are getting IB and being transferred to ESA.
    From what you say I don't think you have anything to worry about and it's more likely you will be put in the Support group and therefore not have to attend back to work interviews.
    Get help filling in the form, evidence from GP's etc and your carers will make a big difference if they explain your ability to do things.
    I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thank you so much for answering me. I will do as you suggest

Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    Thank you so much for answering me. I will do as you suggest
    You're welcome.
    CAB or similar can help with forms and many carer services also.
    Do come back if you need further help or advice with anything. Also if you read posts on this site it may help you understand the process better.
    Last edited by wobble1; 01-03-13 at 14:56.