View Poll Results: Using the forum from a mobile

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use the site from a mobile and would appreciate a new mobile version of the site

5 8.77%
  • I am already using it from a mobile and find it usable as it is

2 3.51%
  • I do not plan to use the site from a mobile

44 77.19%
  • I regularly use a smartphone to view webpages,I would visit a mobile version of youreable more often

6 10.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating the Youreable forum

Can anyone tell me how we upload additional pics to our profile? I get how to upload profile pic and did so. but i note theres a section saying 2photos" but no obvious instructions and no one I looked at seemed to have added any?!!

Log-n
    Click on your name
    Click on the word ‘settings’ located top right in blue lettering.
    Click on ‘Edit Profile Picture’ highlighted in blue text under ‘My Settings’ on left column.
    Under ‘Custom Profile Picture’ Option 2- Upload Image from your computer. Max size 100 x 100 pixels or no bigger file than 64kb

Reddivine you’ll need to edit your chosen photo or graphic and manually resize it using a dialogue box in a suitable editing software like Photoshop elements or similar.

When you go to image size keep the resolution at 72dpi. Uncheck the 'Scale size' box.
    Make sure you make the widest edge of the image no bigger than 100 pixels.
    Re-check the 'Scale Sizes' box
    Then save - job done!

A-photoshop-box.jpg
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 04-07-14 at 11:48.

Just to charify lightouch....that ain't me! and it sure ain;t you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Just to charify lightouch....that ain't me! and it sure ain;t you!!!
    It's a photo of my cleaner - you know the usual teeth in, curlers out.

I think it would be a good idea to conduct a new survey to find out how many members now use a smartphone.

I use a smart phone to view this site. I would love a mobile version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklover View Post
    I use a smart phone to view this site. I would love a mobile version.
    Hi Pinklover, since conducting the survey they have brought out a mobile version of the forum. The only downside is you can't add or download photos.

If you view the full site on your mobile you have to pinch the screen to enlarge the text.

I think more people will jump to smartphones once the price drops a little.

Another plus point is the new super fast wifi 4G network can be accessed by everyone if they have a 4G enabled phone that is made for downloading big files found in films, some photos and music.

Well I for one have no intention of getting a smart phone. If there is no other option I will go without. It is not all that many years ago when mobiles became commonplace. How did life manage without them? Perfectly well. I, for one, don't want to be at the beck and call of all 24/7 although I do admit they are handy for emergencies.

Beau I used to own a mobile phone that just sent texts or made a call - the Nokia 3040 - I rarely used it. The first smartphone I bought was Apple's 3G iPhone. I was what they call an early adopter.
    Today's smartphones have come of age due to fast connectivity. And the development of Apps.
    Useful features I use daily -
    Internet, email, twitter, used to pay for coffee contactless, online banking, playing music and digital radio through a speaker via Bluetooth. I use Google map for navigation, the torch at night, the camera, voice recognition software to speed up typing ...
    The world is your oyster with a smartphone.

LT, there is no way I could even cope with a smartphone. I can't even use a touch screen, no feeling in my finger ends. If I want to use the internet I will do it at home sitting in comfort. I don't listen to music, watch films or even TV so one would be of no use to me.
    In fact the simple phone I have now got is only used for emergencies, usually of the medical kind. I can live without much of this new technology as due to severe memory problems I can't remember how to do anything and get very confused.
    As I have said, I do not want to be at the beck and call all of the time.