View Poll Results: Are direct payments difficult to manage?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • hard

1 20.00%
  • above moderate

0 0%
  • moderate

2 40.00%
  • easy

2 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct Payments and Personal Assistants

Can you also tell us what publication this is for?

ggoodman
    I will pitch it to publications such as Community Care or the Independent

ggoodman
    Have you had any experience with Direct Payments that you would be interested in sharing with me?

Quote Originally Posted by ggoodman View Post
    I will pitch it to publications such as Community Care or the Independent
    Do you have any links to any other articles you've written?

So you don't actually have a commission from a publication to write this piece?

ggoodman
    Here is one example of something I wrote for the Ham and High express newspaper which was also put online. If you need anymore links let me know, i've written for a number of publications. As I said at the beginning of this thread im a trainee journalist. Once I have got a bit further with my feature I will start offering it to publications. My main aim at the moment is to speak to as many people using direct payments as possible.
    http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/commun...ated_1_1799191

ggoodman
    After seeing an example of my work would you be interested in talking to me about direct payments? I would be happy to speak over the phone or face to face?

Quote Originally Posted by ggoodman View Post
    After seeing an example of my work would you be interested in talking to me about direct payments? I would be happy to speak over the phone or face to face?
    Hi. Thanks for the link. There seem to be a lot of people asking for people to interview on the forum, lately, who don't always seem to understand the necessity for showing people that they are genuine etc. Makes me and a lot of people wary.

Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with direct payments, so can't help you. Hopefully others will be able to.

Direct Payments are a good thing. However I don't like the idea of a list of agencies to 'stick a pin in' to choose. S/Services are not able to recommend - how then are we supposed to know how good the agencies are? Of course we can look at the CQC and see how they have faired in their assessment, but this also has the draw back that they only go in at intervals and check the agencies.
    As I said before, the agencies need to have a body of people from social services to monitor the consistency of the care they give to people in their own homes. Plus social workers who know how the D/P system works for each individual and what they can and cannot use it for.
    Sea Queen

ggoodman
    Hi Vantage and Sea Queen Im still looking to talk to people with direct experience with direct payments and personal assistants. Would you be interested in sharing?