Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel in London

Travel in London

I have to go to London on Wednesday for the first time in my life. How on earth do I get from Euston Station to Westminster; House of Lords? My son will be with me to push my wheelchair. I have the train sorted but no idea how to get around London. I imagine a taxi will be around £20 each way if not more and the Tube scares me to death.

I suggest you try the Transport for London website, www.tfl.gov.uk. You can select routes with step free access. Taxi's will be readily available and are accessible. I don't think the Tube is from Euston.

Buses are the other option, think you would need to change at less once.

London is fairly good, but as normal I'd do some planning.

Oh and the taxi fare should be around £10 to £14 each way.

Thank you I have looked at that and can't make head nor tail of it. I followed the colours on the Tube map and still couldn't work it out and I I couldn't find anything about buses except that they have dropped floors but no routes or timetables.

Oh that fare isn't as bad as I expected but still high. The return train fare was ridiculous to start with at £689 for two of us unless we went home an hour later when it dropped to £164.

All taxi's are wheelchair accessible, so you can stay in your chair if you wish.

I think you could take a bus from Euston, Bus 59 goes from stop E outside the station to Waterloo. If you and you son don't mind the walk its about 10 to 15 mins to The Palace of Westminister.

I hope you enjoy your day

Thank you, that's really helpful.

Account removed
    Train fares are great, had to go to Stoke mandeville and the train fare return was for two of us £860 , I phoned up the hospital and they said they would make my appointment later, it was £278 return for each of us, so we asked how much by taxi £200 return , I asked my broker to drive us and paid him £100.

How ridiculous is that.

Utterly ridiculous. If I could travel alone I would do and could halve the cost but because I can no longer propel my chair I have to pay for a helper. I feel strongly that helpers for wheelchair passengers shoudl travel free.

Account removed
    Well yes traveling free would help, but companies would say somebody has to pay for it, sadly we have little clout or say with politicians these days