Thread: This is the document that gives the regulations on extra bedroom tax help

davewhit

This is the document that gives the regulations on extra bedroom tax help

I have posted this in a thread on bedroom tax but as this is the document that sets out regulations on help with bed room tax I have posted it here for people not following thread

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/discretio...uide-draft.pdf

Thanks Dave that's interesting
    I am wondering now if my daughter would maybe get some help with her B/T. The revenues have said no to the exhemption however even though she gets DLA higher rate both componants. this is on the grounds that her extra half a bedroom is only for when she is ill and needs care staff to sleep in.
    I notice though that it states about a home being adapted to fit a persons needs.
    The bungalow has a wet room with clos-o-mat toilet, room for her to get around in her powered chair, we have spent our own money on an adaptation to the back by putting in a patio door and ramp so she can get into her back garden, the L/A are currently in the process of installing an automatic door opening system for her main front entrance.
    Would this all this count in getting some help with her B/Tax do you think?
    Last edited by sea queen; 24-02-13 at 13:26.
    Sea Queen