Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: closed doors

Exclamation closed doors

hi all new to all this, worked as a decorator all my life (56). in sept 2010 took bad with a very rare spine disorder, have had arthritisin both knees shoulder and wrists for years but kept working through the pain. the last three years i was working my accountant put in for an national insurance exemption form as my income had fallen so low due to collapse of the building trade.the exemtion form was granted...when i was hit with the spine disorder i applied for esa had all the usual atos stuff and was refused .after a mri scan that proved i have epidural lipomatosis i had another atos medical and eventually , (last month) was put in support group. was given dla high mobility 14 months ago, this lets me get out but walking is a very painfull experience. all this time i have never had a penny from esa as wife works 20hrs a week. after working all my life i find it all very unfair.

Account removed
    If the MRI has found a reason for your disability illness then I take it you have tried again, unless your self employed and paid the lower NI stamp.

vikstar
    It's simple, no matter what group of ESA, support group or Wrag you are put in, if you don't have the necessary NI contribution history, you won't get paid Contribution Based ESA, if you can't pass the means test, because your wife earns too much or because you have too much in savings, then you won't be entitled to Income Based ESA.

It is a very unfair system when you have worked most of your life.
    Last edited by vikstar; 19-02-13 at 19:57.

Especially when they keep increasing the retirement age as well.

Account removed
    very unfair sadly tell me when we have had a fair government

Quote Originally Posted by dickson View Post
    hi all new to all this, worked as a decorator all my life (56). in sept 2010 took bad with a very rare spine disorder, have had arthritisin both knees shoulder and wrists for years but kept working through the pain. the last three years i was working my accountant put in for an national insurance exemption form as my income had fallen so low due to collapse of the building trade.the exemtion form was granted...when i was hit with the spine disorder i applied for esa had all the usual atos stuff and was refused .after a mri scan that proved i have epidural lipomatosis i had another atos medical and eventually , (last month) was put in support group. was given dla high mobility 14 months ago, this lets me get out but walking is a very painfull experience. all this time i have never had a penny from esa as wife works 20hrs a week. after working all my life i find it all very unfair.
    I would focus on trying for an increase on the DLA and try for the Care component of DLA. If you need an hours help a day to wash/dress or are too disabled to cook a meal for yourself, you could get an extra £20.55 a week low care. Though you get national insurance credits via the ESA claim which protect you right to a state pension, you now only need 30 years contributions to get a state pension so you could drop the ESA claim. One way to check your contribution record is to get a Pension Forecast via this link;

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-statement

What happens to people who have never paid the state pension because of illness disability all their working lives?
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    What happens to people who have never paid the state pension because of illness disability all their working lives?
    They apply for the means tested Pension Credit. Or, if their Husband has worked, get a State Pension based on the partners contributions.

Hi if you are in the support group i'm sure you will get paid ESA, phone up the DWP at once and find out and request your back pay. please let us know if you get it.

Account removed
    It's getting harder when you listen to politicians like Miliband, IDS I'm using his name and not what I normally call him. he keeps saying people who have worked should get more then people who spend a life time doing nothing, I said like people with Thalidomide, or people born with brain damage or Spina Bifida to hear another idiot say this is why more has to be done to ensure checks are done on unborn babies. It seems if your now a Politician you will have a photo on the wall of one Adolph Hitler