Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Department of Work and Pensions re DLA

Department of Work and Pensions re DLA

As I decided to buy my 5 year old car off Motability it seemed a painless exercise. I informed the DWP that I was no longer a Motability customer and could they ensure that future DLA mobility payments were paid into my bank account - no problem.

Yesterday I was surprised to find a letter sent from the DWP on behalf of Motability suggesting I could use my DLA to lease a Motability car.

Now hold on their computer must have thought I was a new DLA mobility component claimer. I find it amazing that they are still pushing out mailings in the name of DLA considering it will be scrapped in 6 weeks in favour of the replacement benefit PIP which has new 'descriptors' for eligibility for a Motability car - weird in my opinion - what's your view.

There should at least be a disclaimer stating the fact that PIP will replace their DLA and that they may lose their benefit and therefore their Motability car.
    That's frankly an unbelievable stunt, especially considering those that don't frequent forums such as this and won't know any different.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Account removed
    You would be surprised how many disabled people have no idea about ESA, never mind Pips, my neighbor came over two days ago with a letter saying she was going through ESA, and she said when did this happen.

Then she asked what is ESA a new benefit will we get more.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    You would be surprised how many disabled people have no idea about ESA, never mind Pips, my neighbor came over two days ago with a letter saying she was going through ESA, and she said when did this happen.

Then she asked what is ESA a new benefit will we get more.
    I know what you mean. I warned my neighbour last year about ESA and how difficult it is to get.

They were having none of it as they had not long since won their appeal for IB.
    Totally refused to accept that they were going to have to go through it all again.

Surprise surprise, they have now had their medical and have been given 0 points.

Account removed
    I've been told yes yes but we are really disabled so we will be OK, they are looking for cheats and fraud, no no do not worry it's OK my depression is much more severe then hers or his.

It's flabbergasting how people refuse to accept it will affect them.

And do not start with PIP's the people who have stated it does not mean them because well they have DLA for life.

Sometimes they do things perhaps they should not and other times do not do things they should and often they do things they dont want to do but feel they should do but occasionally do things they want to do but feel they should not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post

Yesterday I was surprised to find a letter sent from the DWP on behalf of Motability suggesting I could use my DLA to lease a Motability car.

Now hold on their computer must have thought I was a new DLA mobility component claimer. I find it amazing that they are still pushing out mailings in the name of DLA considering it will be scrapped in 6 weeks in favour of the replacement benefit PIP which has new 'descriptors' for eligibility for a Motability car - weird in my opinion - what's your view.

I received one of those letters which was surprising as being a War Pensioner receiving WPMS I don't receive (nor have ever applied for) DLA. I cannot even qualify for DLA/PIP etc due to the overlapping benefits rules!

I think Motability must be just kicking the letter out at random.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard2SG View Post
    I received one of those letters which was surprising as being a War Pensioner receiving WPMS I don't receive (nor have ever applied for) DLA. I cannot even qualify for DLA/PIP etc due to the overlapping benefits rules!

I think Motability must be just kicking the letter out at random.

Richard
    Did you order the CMax Richard?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Did you order the CMax Richard?
    Paul

Yes I did order the C-Max. It is the C-Max 2.0 TDCI Powershift Titanium X. It was very good value at 530 advance payment. I see the advance payment has currently dropped but only by 3.00 so it is tremendous value considering the extensive standard specification.

I found it to be the best car available for me, in terms of ease of driving, storage for the wheelchair, cost, projected economy and specification. I did rather go large with the option extra items in the end, but it is with the intention of purchasing the car outright at the end of the lease period. I did eventually manage to get a good deal on the extras by visiting three Ford dealers and letting each know what the others had offered and inviting them to beat it. I was surprised when Evans Halshaw Ford offered the biggest discount.

Having had the car for just over a week now I am delighted with it. If it is acceptable on the forum I will try to write an evaluation of it once I have got a few more miles on the clock.
    Richard

i to had one of those letters yesterday, i stopped using motability back im May when i bought a nearly new 2nd hand car for fear of pip coming in. I can only assume that they have lost a far bit of custom recently and they are trying to entice people back. To be honest i've thought about it, but after i pay my loan with my dla i have some extra left to put away for insurance etc and also pays for additional petrol now my local garage has put up the litre price by 8p virtualy over night!!