Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government benefit cuts info and real life stories needed please

Government benefit cuts info and real life stories needed please

Hi there,
    My names laura I'm a journalism student looking to write a story about the recent government benefit cuts especially effecting those with disabilities.
    I was wondering if anyone was willing to tell me their story of how the cuts may affect them or someone they know and how you all feel about the raid on welfare?

Any info and opinions will be really helpful!
    Thanks
    Laura

Account removed
    OK whom are you, student not good enough, who are you working for, and what do you need the information for. If it's the Daily Mail or the sun do not waste your time, That is my view.

i've answered this on the previous thread you have just asked me this on
    im a student at london metropolitan university but if you aren't interested in helping me theres no point in me answering your questions

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by laura24410 View Post
    i've answered this on the previous thread you have just asked me this on
    im a student at london metropolitan university but if you aren't interested in helping me theres no point in me answering your questions
    just because you answered on another thread means nothing some people dont read all threads or forums

i wasn't aware other people needed more information or wanted to know who i was I'm not working for any large papers or publications
    Im a third year student trying to write a piece for The holloway express a student ran university publication

Government benefit cuts info and real life stories needed please

Hi there,

My names laura I'm a journalism student looking to write a story about the recent government benefit cuts especially effecting those with disabilities.
    I was wondering if anyone was willing to tell me their story of how the cuts may affect them or someone they know and how you all feel about the raid on welfare?
    It will be ran for a student ran university publication the Holloway Express for those who are interested.

Any info and opinions will be really helpful!

Thanks
    Laura

Account removed
    Laura, it's about trust most disabled people over the past 20 years trust the press like you would trust a hungry rat. I've done a few interviews on TV over the years one was about the closure of Remploy factories, another was what was or is a disability and why should we not work, I've done a few radio shows for the BBC. I have been on TV with people like Peter Hain, I did one with the old DRC before labour kicked that into touch because it was working to well for the disabled so got rid of it before they really started on welfare.

At the moment most people who are disabled will not see to much difference once the bedroom tax comes in, once the caps come in, and once we all know where we stand with ESA or WCA we will be able to say more.

Many disabled people of course are being killed by Labour and the Tories sad cuts to welfare, many people are told they cannot have welfare benefits, you will need to get JSA, but they cannot get JSA because they are actually disabled .

The Government has not removed the legislation which stated to get JSA you have to be available for work at short notice and cannot be ill or disabled, these people have to beg for a crises loan while they appeal the situation many people have decided it's better to end their lives, the DWP have agreed that this now stands at about 1300.

In the end I suspect the cuts will hit us with of course the £26,000 max cap, this would means people with more then two children ending up losing thousands but right now it's still to early.

What is affecting me at this time is gas electric water council tax and food going up much faster then my benefits.

come back in a few weeks when I know which group I will be placed in by the DWP as I have just had my medical and I will tell you how much I've lost

Thankyou i appreciate your concerns for talking to just anyone.
    The deadline for the story to go to publication is the 1st march but i will be on here if any other info crops up before this time.
    Thankyou for this information its greatly appreciated i can send you the finished piece after the 1st march if you wish
    You may not wish to post this on here but i could i have your full name to quote you in the piece i can give you my email if you prefer?
    Thanks

Laura

Account removed
    I would have thought it would be in the students mag. I would I hope be able to read it then.

Devil's advocate
    I maybe willing to help, how do you get in contact with us?