Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuts on disability benefits. Thoughts and feelings needed

Exclamation Cuts on disability benefits. Thoughts and feelings needed

Hi there,

My names laura I'm a journalism student looking to write a story about the recent government benefit cuts especially effecting those with disabilities.
    I was wondering if anyone was willing to tell me their story of how the cuts may affect them or someone they know and how you all feel about the raid on welfare?

Any info and opinions will be really helpful!
    Thanks
    Laura

Laura - get your tin hat on! Cos it's not going down too well
    Sea Queen

Are the cuts affecting you? would you be willing to tell me a bit more about your situation if so?

Thanks
    Laura

Account removed
    Your going to have to give more information on why your asking then just your a student who are you working for and why.

I'm sick and tired of give a story only to find it's twisted to some Murdoch press rubbish

Its for a student ran university publication, Holloway Express, very un-Murdoch.
    Im asking because Im writing an article on how these cuts are affecting real people
    if you have any more questions please ask away

Of course they are affecting people on here Laura, most are disabled or carers of disabled people.
    Many are concerened about the ESA assessment and if/when they will be dumped into the WRAG group and even though ill expected to work or take a cut in benefits.
    If you look there has been a POLL set up to check actually HOW many disabled people are found any beneficial work which they 'may' be able to do.
    The bedroom tax is is also a big concern - the conditions to meet this are silly and not intended to help people in real need of the extra bedroom as the government states.
    I am sure you will have seen the Panorama programme on this not so long ago.
    It is not thought out properly and vulnerable people are being very affected by this, although the government say different!
    Sea Queen

Laura you only have to watch Panorama, Dispatches and other shows and news segments that deal with this to find out just how many people are being cheated by ATOS and the DWP. heck its easier to ask who HASNT be mistreated by them, i'm guessing the number will be very low.

The fact that they are TARGETING people with disabilities is simply disgusting! yes i understand this country is broke and we need to make cut backs but make these cut backs from the proper places - like NOT overpaying these greedy politicians and bankers, STOP allowing Britain to continually get flooded by more people - who have been given the right to come over here and claim benefits if they want - and GET out of the EU for crying out loud!

instead what do they decide to cut - child benefit for families who make a decent wage, JSA for anyone who doesnt work for FREE when told to do so, housing benefits for people with huge families (cant say i'm TOO against that but i do feel sorry for the kids who are now homeless because of it) oh and disability and ESA for any sick or disabled person who is still breathing - therefore, in their eyes, still eligable to work and is obviously just faking it!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    Laura you only have to watch Panorama, Dispatches and other shows and news segments that deal with this to find out just how many people are being cheated by ATOS and the DWP. heck its easier to ask who HASNT be mistreated by them, i'm guessing the number will be very low.

The fact that they are TARGETING people with disabilities is simply disgusting! yes i understand this country is broke and we need to make cut backs but make these cut backs from the proper places - like NOT overpaying these greedy politicians and bankers, STOP allowing Britain to continually get flooded by more people - who have been given the right to come over here and claim benefits if they want - and GET out of the EU for crying out loud!

instead what do they decide to cut - child benefit for families who make a decent wage, JSA for anyone who doesnt work for FREE when told to do so, housing benefits for people with huge families (cant say i'm TOO against that but i do feel sorry for the kids who are now homeless because of it) oh and disability and ESA for any sick or disabled person who is still breathing - therefore, in their eyes, still eligable to work and is obviously just faking it!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes Laura

All the above is what people are totally disgusted about with this Government, there is also another Dispatches programme on next monday CH4 8pm.

This is about the Governments latest idea to cut back on DLA that many disabled people need help with, many of us that receive this benefit will be affected terribly.

It is not just the cuts, but all the changes they keep making. IB to ESA, DLA to PIP etc. Every time they bring a new idea in, we all have to go through the form filling, interviews, appeals etc. I think they just hope we will all stop claiming and go away and die quietly somewhere!!!

Account removed
    Well it depends last year which was only a few months ago I went to a Union meeting to discuss welfare, it was not hard to see that many people who would normally fight for the disabled have taken the hook from the Murdock's press and the Labour party.

I was even asked if I could work and did I really need crutches or wheelchair they said to me come on be honest.

The fact is a lot of the public think we are cheats or could work or could do something, if you say yes but I cannot get a job they say yes but you should not have a free car or be getting more then people in work.

they all believe the hype