Thread: Blue badge and road tax.

Blue badge and road tax.

My hubby is losing sleep,gets dla highest rate for mobility,lowest for care.Gets road tax and blue badge.
    As the goalposts have been moved to 20metres for highest rate mobility and he can just about manage that around the house,will he get knocked off high rate?
    He will have to give up the car as we couldnt afford road tax.Also the blue badge would go as part of the regulations are being on highest rate mobility.Though it does say its down to the council.Maz x

Tell your husband not to worry, the changes aren't going through (for current DLA holders) until Oct 2015 at the earliest.

8 Points will entitle you to Standard rate PIP
    12 Points for Advanced rate

Regarding the Blue Badge and VED (road tax), 8 points will be enough to qualify for a Blue Badge and you'll also get a 50% reduction in the road tax you pay.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Account removed
    It's causing a lot of confusion and worry , lets hope they clear up the criteria sooner or later. because the Charity I help out at is inundated with people asking the same question.

Thanks Paul he might sleep tonight now!Either he does it naturally or he gets a brick over the head!lol

The October 2015 date is only for reassessment of people with lifetime awards and awards that expire after that tme. DLA awards that expire from early 2014 will be reassessed for PIP from October 2013.

I guess 'indefinate'means lifetime so hes ok for now!

You don't have to be in receipt of HRMC DLA to get a blue badge. I got mine before I was awarded DLA.

Once the process has started we will get feedback from those who have participated. The more feedback the better chance of understanding the process and criteria. For me too much is open to interpretation. I am not sure how you can prove you cannot do something for instance, nor indeed they prove you can? Being prepared is the key. I feel sure that once the process is understood professional help with re-applying will be available. It galls me that so much worry and misery is being is being put on those less able to cope by this government. A more understanding approach should have been initiated.

Account removed
    Sadly it depends a lot on what the government are looking for in ESA and ATOS it's to cut not to help, I suspect PIP's will be about lowering the benefits and saving money. My MP has stated that DLA is a great benefits but people now abuse it by claiming and the criteria is well known, she stated it's not cheating as such but the system is old.