Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Programme/Back to Work Schemes Judged to be "Illegal"

vikstar

Work Programme/Back to Work Schemes Judged to be "Illegal"

In a unanimous decision, three judges from the Court of Appeal have today ruled that the Regulations under which most of the Government’s “Back to Work” schemes have been created are unlawful and must be quashed.

http://www.publicinterestlawyers.co....ils.php?id=298

Account removed
    About time as well, this was just about the worse case of slave labour I've seen, but the government have said they will carry on by introducing legal change to it policies. They see training as a means of getting people work, but look do a deal with supermarkets to pay benefits and the supermarket make up the wages still cheap

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    In a unanimous decision, three judges from the Court of Appeal have today ruled that the Regulations under which most of the Government’s “Back to Work” schemes have been created are unlawful and must be quashed.

http://www.publicinterestlawyers.co....ils.php?id=298
    That's a great result. Let's hope it's the start of many.

Its just giving the staff at jc work to do!Less jobs on the books equals less work for them to do so they are being used for this 'get the disabled back to work'malarkey
    My son said he went to sign on and the guy barely looked at his list of jobs he has been chasing.Stamped it and said see you next fortnight.Son said are there any new jobs on the books for security,the guy pointed to the computer terminals and said have a look yourself,Im not here to find you a job!Well who the hell is,the clue is in the title JOB CENTRE!He has worked since leaving school and was laid off from Comet,hates being out of work and tries every avenue open to him looking for work.The new scheme were its all done online now sent him a job that said it matched his CV.Full time SRN nurse!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibrogal1955 View Post
    Its just giving the staff at jc work to do!Less jobs on the books equals less work for them to do so they are being used for this 'get the disabled back to work'malarkey
    2.5 million out of work, 500,000 vacancies, even I can do those maths.
    Sounds like the new JCP computer is the same as ATOS use.

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    2.5 million out of work, 500,000 vacancies, even I can do those maths.
    Sounds like the new JCP computer is the same as ATOS use.
    Labour during the period of 1997 to 2010 we have 600,000 vacancies and we have a million not working they are work shy and not trying, so almost get on your bike.

They said they found me a job in Swindon answering phones , I said whom pays for my transport and they said well taxi, OK then go for it, after all it's only about 140 miles from where I live. They came back saying the cost of the taxi was to high and I would need to lodge in Swindon coming home at week ends, I said would you have a carer for me, they said no of course not, would a nurse be available, no. then please tell me how the hell do I live.

They actually said forget it your obviously not interested.

The simple fact they say 500,000 jobs but how many are suitable to people, how many are say working class jobs for thickos like me, twenty.

They always come out with these large numbers of vacancies but the fact is many of them have been around and empty for a reason they do not exist

it was so sad to see this morning even after this court ruling that television news were still trying to say that those unemployed are workshy even when it was clear that the 2 cases of the people highlighted had been working hard previous.

just shows how over the years the governments, t.v and newspapers have manipulated people around the country with total wishy washy clap trap.

what gets me so annoyed is the amount of people who have been made redundant by this government and firms then chucked on the scrap heap to be labeled like this.

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    it was so sad to see this morning even after this court ruling that television news were still trying to say that those unemployed are workshy even when it was clear that the 2 cases of the people highlighted had been working hard previous.

just shows how over the years the governments, t.v and newspapers have manipulated people around the country with total wishy washy clap trap.

what gets me so annoyed is the amount of people who have been made redundant by this government and firms then chucked on the scrap heap to be labeled like this.

This is true but jobs have to be real, since I became disabled in 1990 after eighteen months laying in a hospital bed, I decided to return to work, I went back to my job and had lots of problems including a lot of fits.

SO I went to the New Deal with the job center, guess what they said OK you can go down to Asda and train filling shelves, I said when I was in work I ran contracts worth many mil;lions of pounds the biggest was £500 million, they said ah yes maybe but you will need to learn how to fill shelves it's technical. Three months later I was in a wheelchair sitting in a room looking out a window bored sick, and being treated like I had a communicable illness somebody might catch if I had contact with the public .

Then I went to another job training it was the NHS in which I moved on file in the morning collected it in the night, it was such a poor job I went off sick for a week and nobody noticed.

Then I had a training position in a charity in which I would be trained as an adviser, I arrived they brought me in and stated the offices were up stairs, ah said one we wioll have to find you an office down here, it was the toilet the put a board across the toilet with a cushion.

I would jump from my wheelchair and punch the sky if somebody said to me Robert here is a real job for you, sadly all I seem to get are non jobs where I sit all day doing nothing, I suspect to some because I can work I'm a benefits cheat

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post

I saw the health minister saying that they were disappointed with the ruling, I bet they were. That it was a misunderstanding on the interpretation of the regs, really, all those who protested up and down the country when it was first announced understood perfectly, and so did the companies who dropped out of the scheme due to the protests.
    Oh and the Govt are going to appeal the Courts decision. I wonder if they'll not get paid whilst getting it reconsidered.

davewhit
    filling shelves is a good place to start and i can think of a few bosses ie tescos that started there

shows you shop layout stock rotation facing off ect ect health and safety all sorts

i expect a few placed on such a trial manage to make a mess of it