Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Society is starting to crumble...

The Big Society is starting to crumble...

Account removed
    We are hearing now that new legislation is being brought in.....

the fact is if your on a training program as they say it is then pay them a wage.

Cameron has spouted off enough that this was the idea of the back to work programme - to get people into Paid work!
    Has anyone seen the footage on utube - I'm not posting it on here as the driver of the car who is clearly very angry about this uses a lot of 'F's' and I don't wish to offend anyone.
    Will give you the link if anyone wants it though.
    Sea Queen

Account removed
    Put it up with a warning about language

[SIZE=4]BAD LANGUAGE PLEASE DON'T RUN IF YOU WILL BE OFFENDED BY THE F WORD AS THERE ARE PLENTY IN THIS.[/

SIZE]An irrate motorist speaking about the recent back to work scheme.
    He can hardly speak he is sooo angry.
    Its a wonder he doesn't burst a blood vessel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsKeONMq8Is
    Sea Queen

Account removed
    I can understand his anger I have felt the same over the years, but like it or not he's right.

sadly of course Workfare is a labour party initiative and Miliband has stated he backs the something for nothing culture meaning you get benefits only if you do something. Which means basically next election we have nobody to vote for if your poor disabled sick out of work you are wasting your time voting.

davewhit
    what gets me after doing placement in poundland she gets job in supermarket and claims work placement did not help....work in libary did not help as she been there ages

Thanks sea queen, that is an absolutely classic video.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    I can understand his anger I have felt the same over the years, but like it or not he's right.

sadly of course Workfare is a labour party initiative and Miliband has stated he backs the something for nothing culture meaning you get benefits only if you do something. Which means basically next election we have nobody to vote for if your poor disabled sick out of work you are wasting your time voting.
    And of course the first ever schemes of this type were introduced in around 1978. WEEP, YOP, YTS, ET, CP.... the 'extra tenners'. To be honest many youngsters back then did benefit from the work experience and training, and did get jobs at the end of it. But those old schemes were very closely monitored for training content, health and safety etc etc.
    Unfortunately many of the multi nationals which provided real opportunties then, like British Steel and Comet, are gone. As are many of the very small companies who didn't even realise they needed extra staff until they'd had a trainee for 6 months. Times have changed. Now because of high unemployment people see much less chance of getting anything out of Workfare, and perhaps they are right. But the long term unemployed do often need something to get up for in the mornings.

Why can't they equate the current jobseekers allowance into say a day of voluntary work minimum per week? That would be equivalent of what they currently 'earn'.
    I agree that they (the long-term unemployed) should do something for the benefit, but it should be for charities who can give them just as much work experience as large corporations who are only in it for the free labour.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs