Thread: Will DWP/ATOS accept medical evidence from private therapists or only NHS?

Will DWP/ATOS accept medical evidence from private therapists or only NHS?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if DWP/ATOS accept medical evidence from private therapists or only NHS as have been on the waiting list for so long for CBT with the NHS maybe just going to go private but would Atos/DWP accept Non NHS private therapists medical reports when I have to submit medical evidence when the time comes around and the DWP send me a medical questionnaire?

Any help would be appreciated.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by lastfirst View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if DWP/ATOS accept medical evidence from private therapists or only NHS as have been on the waiting list for so long for CBT with the NHS maybe just going to go private but would Atos/DWP accept Non NHS private therapists medical reports when I have to submit medical evidence when the time comes around and the DWP send me a medical questionnaire?

Any help would be appreciated.
    no problem at all some people even get relatives who help with care to write up what they do

I always advocate sending any evidence that shows and supports your position. It's the DM's job to sift through it.

yes lastfirst, any sort of evidence you can send is good!