Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESA Support group? or Wrag can someone please explain the difference.

Angry ESA Support group? or Wrag can someone please explain the difference.

Hi I am new here and just wanted to ask what is diff beetween being placed in the ESA SG and the other WRAG I think its called, sorry very confusing...
    I used to get Income support and was transferred over to ESA last year.
    I filled in the relevant forms for assessment and sent them off.
    I was told I would have to attend a medical assessment but because I have Agoraphobia I was unable to attend and asked if I could have a home visit (which I had, had in the past) I received a letter saying I did not have to attend the Medical and no home visit was necessary and I heard nothing else after that.
    I have attended the JSP work based interviews accompanied by my support person and everything was ok. But the last interview I attended I was told I had been put into a work based group, where I would have to attend a course over 2 days? and also in the future may be put into Voluntary work.
    I was flabbergasted as I am virtually housebound most of the time. I gave this info in great detail when I filled the assessment form in and told them every detail of my daily life (Barr the colur of my underwear) I even added additional A4 infromation as there was not enough room to explain it all.
    I am very puzzled as to why I have not been put into the SG?
    I asked the personal advisor why I have been placed in the work group? and she said because you need to work towards getting back into work? I said I can't leave my house most of the time, she just said its the rules and getting a letter from your Doctor will not help he has no influence over anything!

Was wondering if anyone can explain why everything I divulged in my assessment seems to have been ignored?
    I am so stressed about this whole situation and feel like there is no one to turn to I know I am unable to get a job and work in the near future, my Doctor knows this so why am I being ignored.. its like she was saying to me... "Look you have been ill for long enough, its time to pull yourself together and get a Job" I hate having Mental health issues because it cannot be physically proved and I feel like this ESA is making generalisations across the board rather than dealing with people as individuals they are tarring everybody with the "Slouch on the couch watching Jeremy Kyle milking the goverment" its so unfair.
    Rant over, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy49 View Post
    Hi I am new here and just wanted to ask what is diff beetween being placed in the ESA SG and the other WRAG I think its called, sorry very confusing...
    I used to get Income support and was transferred over to ESA last year.
    I filled in the relevant forms for assessment and sent them off.
    I was told I would have to attend a medical assessment but because I have Agoraphobia I was unable to attend and asked if I could have a home visit (which I had, had in the past) I received a letter saying I did not have to attend the Medical and no home visit was necessary and I heard nothing else after that.
    I have attended the JSP work based interviews accompanied by my support person and everything was ok. But the last interview I attended I was told I had been put into a work based group, where I would have to attend a course over 2 days? and also in the future may be put into Voluntary work.
    I was flabbergasted as I am virtually housebound most of the time. I gave this info in great detail when I filled the assessment form in and told them every detail of my daily life (Barr the colur of my underwear) I even added additional A4 infromation as there was not enough room to explain it all.
    I am very puzzled as to why I have not been put into the SG?
    I asked the personal advisor why I have been placed in the work group? and she said because you need to work towards getting back into work? I said I can't leave my house most of the time, she just said its the rules and getting a letter from your Doctor will not help he has no influence over anything!

Was wondering if anyone can explain why everything I divulged in my assessment seems to have been ignored?
    I am so stressed about this whole situation and feel like there is no one to turn to I know I am unable to get a job and work in the near future, my Doctor knows this so why am I being ignored.. its like she was saying to me... "Look you have been ill for long enough, its time to pull yourself together and get a Job" I hate having Mental health issues because it cannot be physically proved and I feel like this ESA is making generalisations across the board rather than dealing with people as individuals they are tarring everybody with the "Slouch on the couch watching Jeremy Kyle milking the goverment" its so unfair.
    Rant over, thanks in advance.
    Hello

I have the same illness as you and in many cases Atos will make you go through all the stress of getting your Doctor to fax off a support letter and a home visit, but as in my case my Doctors orders were ignored and i was told to attend their Assessment, what worried me the most part was that Atos does not take into consideration GPs or consultants opinion on your illnees but they make their own judgments on whether you are able to do some work.

Yesterday i had received news that i was placed in SG which in my case was the right decision, i find it very difficult meeting people in social situations and with my Doctors letter explaining about my illness i would like to think this had helped me get into that group, you do not need to attend work focus interviews and work related activities but you can if you wish.

It does seem that many going through this change over will end up in the WRAG, which will not help if you have a social phobia of meeting people especially if attending work focus interviews.
    Last edited by Thomos; 09-02-13 at 15:25.

I would ask if you know whether you are getting CB ESA or IR ESA but it is definetly wrag group, but as it appears the letter you should have received from the DWP telling you all the info never arrived.
    If this has been less than a year since you were transfered and feel you should have been placed in Support not wrag then you must appeal.
    Call them and explain you did not receive letter and you have only just realised and that is why your appeal is late, ask for a GL24 form, download one from their website or get one from JCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Hello

I have the same illness as you and in many cases Atos will make you go through all the stress of getting your Doctor to fax off a support letter and a home visit, but as in my case my Doctors orders were ignored and i was told to attend their Assessment, what worried me the most part was that Atos does not take into consideration GPs or consultants opinion on your illnees but they make their own judgments on whether you are able to do some work.

Yesterday i had received news that i was placed in SG which in my case was the right decision, i find it very difficult meeting people in social situations and with my Doctors letter explaining about my illness i would like to think this had helped me get into that group, you do not need to attend work focus interviews and work related activities but you can if you wish.

It does seem that many going through this change over will end up in the WRAG, which will not help if you have a social phobia of meeting people especially if attending work focus interviews.
    Good news Thomas, I was the same. I got letter 2 days ago saying I am in the support group. I just wondered if most people who are placed on this group, ask for a copy of their decision to see points awarded or just leave it as they have been placed into this group.

Chrissy49 I hope you get everything sorted and you will get good advice from a lot of people on this site.

Hi there Thomas, Many thanks for your reply, My doctor did hand over my information and I was told I didn't have to go for the assessment so I assumed that is because they know how restricted my life is and they accepted my and my doctors explanation.
    However I find I am not in the support group? It makes no sense I have been so confused and so frustrated when I see the work based support worker as she ignores averything I say about being an AG and she just keeps saying that's the rules etc. and I ask her over and over why am I being treated like this and she totally ignores me.
    I have had a phone call this week from someone who asked me to re apply to be reassessed so will have to wait and see how that goes.
    Thanks again x

Hi there thanks for that, I have actually had a call this week from ESA telling me to re apply and send in another assessment but not looking forward to sending it as I have heard its not an easy process.

P.S.
    Can you tell me what CB ESA is? and IR?
    Thanks.x

CB is contribution based. which means you have to have paid enough national insurance contributions to receive it.
    IR ESA is income related and to my knowledge savings are taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy49 View Post
    Was wondering if anyone can explain why everything I divulged in my assessment seems to have been ignored? .
    thats what so many people have been complaining about ever since Atos were called in to work with the DWP. they do NOT care a damn what people are suffering from, if you are still breathing then to them you are eligble to find work.
    they're just as corrupt as our government chrissy! and its our job not to let them take us down that easily

your job is to fight them all the way and stand your ground. you think you should be in the Support Group - well appeal immediately. its never too late imo, even if you've waited a whole year. and if you are genuinely too ill to attend their work-related interviews remember that you can have them waivered (simply call them and explain why) or you can even have them done over the phone (but again you must stress to them why you cant attend in person and why it needs to be done over the phone)!