Thread: Panicking about ESA50 not arriving!!

Panicking about ESA50 not arriving!!

I'm probably getting myself into a panic over nothing, but I was sent an ESA50 form to fill in, it always takes me a long time to fill in because of the problems I have both sitting and writing, so it's done over several weeks. Anyway it had to be in on the 12th of Feb, so I sent it 1st Class and Recorded so I could track it's delivery on Monday 4th.
    I have checked each day and it still isn't showing as delivered.
    Obviously there's officially 4 days of post yet and it could be the postman has delivered it but didn't get it signed.

But let's say that it didn't arrive, where would I stand. I know it's my responsibility to get it there, I wish I'd driven over there now as it's not far from me. A parcel I sent to Wales by 2nd class post on the same day arrived the next day!! So would they be sympathetic or simply stop my claim? Any one have any experience of this, I could kick myself, if I wasn't in so much pain already!!!

Don't worry. For reasons known only to themselves, it often takes far longer for items to the DWP to show up as received on the tracking system. In part, I suspect, it may be something to do with the bulk mail sorting contract the Royal Mail have with the DWP. It's quite convoluted.
    If nothing shows up in a few more days, just give your BDC a ring to confirm receipt. In the (very) unlikely event it doesn't turn up, you have valid proof of posting.

Thank you. I was going to ring the Atos deot tomorrow to check, but yes I'll check with Track and Trace.Thanks for the phone mumber. Mine keeps saying " progressed through our network for delivery".
    The only thing is usually when it's been delivered but they haven't yet updated their records it usually tells you that.

Well I'll check tomorrow, it makes me a little more hopeful anyway. I'll let you know how I get on. Have you any idea what would happen if it had gone astray?

Thanks raeuk, I'm so glad I recorded it's delivery.Excuse my ignorance but what's BDC?

BDC - Benefit Distribution Centre. These are the people who will be handling your ESA claim and the phone number will be on any correspondence you got from them. Not to be confused with your local job centre. For example, I live in West Dorset and my BDC is Chippenham, Wiltshire.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    BDC - Benefit Distribution Centre. These are the people who will be handling your ESA claim and the phone number will be on any correspondence you got from them. Not to be confused with your local job centre. For example, I live in West Dorset and my BDC is Chippenham, Wiltshire.
    I got really confused with BDCs as when my flatmate was appealing he had to send sick notes to Bradford BDC but any letters he received were from Leeds BDC, when he rang up numerous times to clarify, each person said something different, in the end he thought it better to arrange a time to fax them.

you got it recorded, thats all that matters. at least you've got proof that you did your bit. if its lost, its on them to find it!