Thread: esa

esa

can anyone help!
    My husband was advised to give up work in 1993, since then he has been receiving Incapacity Benefit until last November when it stopped. We then completed a form for E.S.A. we also completed a medical for ATOS for which we are still waiting for an appointment , has this happened to anyone else ? Is this the normal procedure ?

Quote Originally Posted by betty2013 View Post
    can anyone help!
    My husband was advised to give up work in 1993, since then he has been receiving Incapacity Benefit until last November when it stopped. We then completed a form for E.S.A. we also completed a medical for ATOS for which we are still waiting for an appointment , has this happened to anyone else ? Is this the normal procedure ?
    Hello betty,
    Would have been better to put this in benefits thread but no worry.
    If his IB stopped in Nov 2012 when did you send in ESA50 form?
    Is he getting any benefit now?

Hi , I'm new to this ! . We sent the ESA50 form in at the beginning of December it has taken them until today to tell us that my husband won't get any benefit because I am working and that I earn more than he would get in benefit. They [ benefits office] have said that once my husband has his ATOS Examination it will then decided whether he goes in the 'Work related activity group' or support group where is benefit will be re-instated . Do you know if this correct?