Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATOS former employee

ATOS former employee

This is a friend of a friend but I trust their account.
    IB to ESA without medical.
    If eligible, ATOS will put people into CB ESA WRAG without medical as it's forecast they will lose all benefits after the 365 days anyway.

No F2F examination if ATOS have previous knowledge of claimant as they will use previous data for assessment.

No F2F if they feel claimant is likely to appeal.

Not very good is it but it does explain the strangeness of some decisions.
    365 days, they assume most will accept the transfer as they have lost no money and are ignorant of their long term rights.
    There is a legal issue with them using previous reports especially a DLA form for ESA, and visa versa, it's a grey area but it could be something to look out for.
    Likely to appeal is "interesting" as it implies that the claimant has provided enough medical evidence to not need a F2F and they are hoping claimant doesn't have the where with all to appeal.

Sounds like Atos are trying to save money by using "previous knowledge of claimant" with out a medical after all if the said person is not lightly to get any better what's the point of giving them a medical in the first place.
    As for putting IB in to the CB ESA WRAG group is wrong very wrong indeed, but I wouldn't put anything passed them as they are not interested in our health just as long as it saved money.

I must say I have not put ALL my daughters issues down in previous forms as they have not really been needed, I am meaning things like toileting issues etc the finer details in other words, I am now however putting together a full and complete folder of information relating to any Q's on the ESA form for when it plops through the letter box!
    Sea Queen

I was wondering why so many long term IB claimants are getting placed straight onto Wrag, always assumed what you said was the case. It simply easier for them and i'm guessing they would just assume that most people wouldnt have researched into what Wrag is and happily continue to receive some income.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    I was wondering why so many long term IB claimants are getting placed straight onto Wrag, always assumed what you said was the case. It simply easier for them and i'm guessing they would just assume that most people wouldnt have researched into what Wrag is and happily continue to receive some income.
    bang them all in wrag many will drop after 12 months not knowing the 12 months rule some will appeal and get in support group others with partner working or savings or other pensions will stop getting paid too

its cutting numbers paid by stealth

sea queen, put everything in when it comes to the ESA50. You cannot put in too much detail and you cannot supply too much evidence. The DM is paid to wade through it.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    bang them all in wrag many will drop after 12 months not knowing the 12 months rule some will appeal and get in support group others with partner working or savings or other pensions will stop getting paid too

its cutting numbers paid by stealth
    DW,
    by stealth....................isn't there something darkly sinister when a Govt dept comes up with sneaky stealth methods in order to manipulate vunerable people. History will remember it as the disgusting legislation it is, and hopefully sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    History will remember it as the disgusting legislation it is, and hopefully sooner than later.
    Another slant for history is that this government got the country out of the s**t by getting all those lazy, conniving layabouts who claimed benefits off them and saved a small fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Another slant for history is that this government got the country out of the s**t by getting all those lazy, conniving layabouts who claimed benefits off them and saved a small fortune.
    Well that's a slant. I'm certainly happy that any benefit cheat is stopped and that money goes to getting the country out of the trouble it's in.
    I was thinking of all those, as on here, who are not cheats but still having to lose benefits to get the country out of trouble.
    I hope this Govt will also be remembered for the fortune they saved getting money back from the lazy conniving layabout bankers who caused the countries problems.

Wobble that's the problem isn't it - they are lumping the genuine disabled/ill people with the shirkers
    Sea Queen