Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New - PIP eligibility review

New - PIP eligibility review

Just saw this on another forum. Don't think anyone else has posted it.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21287323

That's the best quote i've heard recently

For ministers, Lord Freud conceded: "I have to accept that there was inadequate discussion of the changes and that there is inadequate understanding of them."
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I haven't seen it before Gale - interesting read - pity they didn't do the same for ESA!
    Sea Queen

was thinking that too sea queen, why doesn't it apply to us as well?

Exclamation PIP Criteria - Government Moves the Goalposts!

The main areas of contention at the moment are the changes that were not consulted on properly. The distance you can walk is down from 50m to 20m to qualify for Enh Mobility Rate. The other criteria that is a bone of contention is if the various actions can be completed "safely, reliably, repeatedly and in a reasonable time period".

They could shortly be the subject of a Judicial Review.

Watch this space!

dun serving
    Last edited by dun serving; 03-02-13 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    pity they didn't do the same for ESA!
    The only reason i can think of is because you can get PIP whether you can work or not.

At least now, i hope most people who get HRM DLA will now get EM PIP, even with the 20m rule.

With me, as i've mentioned before, on my worse days i can barely move at all, but i do have good days when i can move at least 200m. In doing that though, I always have to keep stopping, I'm in constant pain and i'm incredibly slow, people are at least 3x quicker than me as i found out when going to the local shop.
    I was only 1/4 of the way there when my neighbour (who set off just after me) was passing me on the way home.

I just hope this is good news for others on this site who were worrying about getting EM PIP.

At least now, i hope most people who get HRM DLA will now get EM PIP, even with the 20m rule.
    That is the problem. The "rules" are not real rules, only "guidance to decision makers".

The regulations state:-

Can stand and then move
    more than 1 metre but no more
    than 20 metres, either aided or
    unaided.

To get 12 Points

But the "safely, reliably, repeatedly and in a reasonable time period" is only applied at the DMs discretion and is open to interpretation.

This is why it must be laid down in regulations for DMs rather than for the assessment itself.

Note the riders to that proposed amendment as well:-

safely
    to an acceptable standard
    repeatedly
    in a reasonable time period.

Notice how "reliably" has disappeared already! What is "an acceptable standard" ?

and also this:-

"These may be subject to further refinement."

Always distrust the Minister!
    Last edited by ians13770; 04-02-13 at 02:16.

Account removed
    I saw my doctor this week nice chap from ATOS, but I have a feeling I will be appealing.

PIP's is of course a method in cutting the benefits bill I've no doubt about this, people with serious injuries and people with mental health issues are going to have to look at getting advice and help, because these new medicals are going to mean many of us losing out.

Freud hell of a chap, love to meet him....

Yes I agree. From above it can be seen that although they say one thing they actually mean another. They say 50m at consultation then insert 20m instead. They say "reliably" to the work and pen comm then insert "to an acceptable standard" instead. And finally they say "subject to further refinement" which leaves a whole ball park for them to play with!