Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartless tory and lib dems mp

Heartless tory and lib dems mp

Just read in the paper about the plebs boycotting a debate about the bedroom tax, no backbenchers from the tory or lib dems turned up. The Labour MPs were there to discuss the misery it will cause to millions, what a surprise they dont give a damn. Hows many of the plebs are living in big mansions with 10rooms or more, but they dont care. Something has to be done about these idiots

dun serving
    Ask yourself a question, it should go something like "Do I believe Labour would do anything other than reduce my benefit in some way to try and recover all the debt they incurred on behalf of the UK whilst in government?"

They probably wouldn't give a toss how much they ripped off the welfare bill because of their gold plated pensions (remember the pensions Gordon Brown wrecked - the MP's one wasn't one of them), extremely high pay levels and golden handshakes when sacked. Besides, there are almost as many multi millionaires on the Labour side as their is on the Tory's.

Yes I know how bad Labour is, but how can these plebs be allowed to bring in all changes to all welfare bills and get away with it. There take what they are doing to DLA, when you first go for this you get a medical, but oh no it isnt good enough for them, they change the retiring age no one says anything. Scotland didnt vote to put them in maybe that is why they hammer us, and the Scotland going alone is getting more appealing every time they do something to the people

dun serving
    So now you've been challenged about your attack on a political party you change tack and go the "we're being singled out cos we're Scottish" line. I'd hate to think people like you will have any say in whether Scotland votes for independence if your reason for doing so is to get more Welfare benefits despite Alex Salmond and the SNP not saying much about how they will budget for our Welfare. Total rubbish, you'll be blaming Thatcher next!

I am in receipt of DLA, Low rate Care & High rate Mobility and did not have a medical, although I did have to go to tribunal for it to be awarded. The coalition government are attempting to cut expenditure across all government departments, not just Welfare. It is hurting everyone in every part of the UK not just Scotland, and the needy probably disproportionally, but they have to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by dun serving View Post
    So now you've been challenged about your attack on a political party you change tack and go the "we're being singled out cos we're Scottish" line. I'd hate to think people like you will have any say in whether Scotland votes for independence if your reason for doing so is to get more Welfare benefits despite Alex Salmond and the SNP not saying much about how they will budget for our Welfare. Total rubbish, you'll be blaming Thatcher next!
    We don't like personal attacks on people. If you disagree just say you disagree and don't make it personal.
    The issue is this present govt policies that affect us, whatever happened under any previous regime is not the issue.

dun serving
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    We don't like personal attacks on people. If you disagree just say you disagree and don't make it personal.
    The issue is this present govt policies that affect us, whatever happened under any previous regime is not the issue.
    Sorry but there is no personal attack in the quote above and I have to say your statement in (my) bold has to be wrong for many reasons e.g. fairness, realistic and honesty, something I thought were things we in the UK stood up for.

Fairness - Government cuts are being effected across all government departments not just welfare. Cuts (or even no increase) in budgets will always bring complaints. You also cannot consider the fairness of what policies this government (or any for that matter) introduce without considering the reasoning behind them. In this case the reason harks directly back to the spend & borrow attitude of the previous government, leaving the UK in such debt that harsh budgets are having to be set in order to balance the UK's books.

Realistic - Savings have to come from somewhere. If you disagree with cuts to Welfare budgets (as many do) then propose where alternative savings can be made, even if that involves Scotland having to pay their fair share.

Honesty - If you see fit to disagree with my comments then don't just be selective in which parts of my post you quote in reply.

I notice also that you haven't said anything about the derogatory comment "plebs" and the OP's accusation that the current government have selected Scotland to be "hammered", conveniently bringing in the oft heard up here nonsense that the UK government targets Scotland over other parts of the UK. This harks back to the Poll Tax trial under Thatcher for which Scotland was chosen, on the advice of The Scottish Office, to host. Nothing from Burnley or other places where government trials have been held has been mentioned and I've seen nothing in the media to suggest these area's have decided they're being unfairly treated and may opt out of the UK as a result!

Me thinks you dont like the Scots, what I am going on about they think every one on benefits is disgrace, they cant do enough to hammer them. I am disabled I need my car to get about to hospital and doctors appointments, but what are they going to do everyone is going for a medical (what a laugh), they also bring in the bedroom tax who does that effect? yes all poor peope. they all make me sick sitting in there big houses born with a silver spoon in their mouth they havent a clue Do you see them doing anything to their rich pals, no dont think so or to the banks who got us into this mess. I would have been reaching retiring age at 60 in September but no they put that up. So no matter who gets put in once there their they forget who put them there.

DS,
    Using the term " people like you" is a personal attack IMHO.
    Most people on here hate and despise this govt for the way we have been treated and with good valid reasons.
    You feel welfare cuts to us are justified to cut the deficit. You are entitled to that opinion, I disagree.

Stop going on about "BEDROOM TAX". Get your facts right. What the proposed change is, is that those people who pay taxes and pay their own rent or mortgage, and often can't afford spare bedrooms, or even one for each child should not have to pay for Housing Benefits and Council Tax benefits for people who think that it is their right to have a bedroom for each child and another one or two spare.

dun serving
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    DS,
    Using the term " people like you" is a personal attack IMHO.
    Most people on here hate and despise this govt for the way we have been treated and with good valid reasons.
    You feel welfare cuts to us are justified to cut the deficit. You are entitled to that opinion, I disagree.
    I can now see where you get the impression that I engaged in a personal attack, I assure you that was not my intent so apologise for the misunderstanding.

You may well be correct when you say most people on here despise this government, I wouldn't know. My point was and is that if people are going to attack this government (or any other) for cutting the welfare budget that is a perfectly acceptable point of view, but to blame a government without accepting the reasoning behind the cuts and that all government departments are facing the same is unfair. You may or may not agree, that's your free choice. It is also worth noting, from a political argument point of view, who brought ATOS into the equation, it wasn't the present government even though they've renewed their contract and seemingly expanded their remit.