Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The undateables program

I agree with Sea Queen. I have complained to Ofcom about the title. I am not disabled but my child is and I find it really insulting to call any human being Undateables. Plenty of "normal" people out there I would avoid like the plague.

Why did not they call this program The Loveables ????

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Also hope the adoption process goes well for you i know if you don't mind having an older child and one with probs you'll stand a better chance of it happening.
    We are hoping for siblings between the ages of 2 and 8, unfortunately most children who are in care will have some sort of problem - we've just attended a preparation course, and it was emotionally draining.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

You're right paul they do have probs a friend of mine her neighbour adopted an 8yr old and they are having attitude probs with her now though she was great for the first year or so, the neighbour is in a w/c her husband isn't but the mother that gave her up was in a w/c i said i thought it might be cos her mother left her she thinks that this one who is also in a w/c might too but they are getting help with it. I hope you can get a child think you and your wife would be good role models and must have a lot of love to give based on what you 2have gone through and are still going strong. Good luck again.
    To mLV from mine and my friends all who where born with disabilities don't think i'd like to be thought of as the loveables, that is something my mom would have said i think, Maybe different dateables would be a better title, you are right there are a lot of people both disabled and not that aren't dateable usually through personality lack there off haha

Hi Freedomeagle. Maybe I thought as a mother and I do think my son is Loveable !!! He certainly likes blonde ladies (he is only 9)

Oh bless, sure he'll like all sorts by the time he's a teenager haha. I knew you were thinking as a mother as that's what my mom would say to us growing up too. The world is changing so much mLV and I know you have worries for your lad because my mom did for me I'm 45 now and obviously understand how things were for her. The world (not benefits) is a much better place now than it was for children that are different (never liked being referred to as disabled when i was growing up i always said i was weird and different, mom used to say special which i hated she didn't get that weird to me then was like the word cool to kids now). Anyway as long as your son as a good loving mother like you on side sure he'll get through anything and hopefully he'll find a girl when he's older who will also find him loveable too

Account removed
    Is it me then, the one program I saw they teamed up people with other disabled people, as if we all have to look for people with others like our selves. I married at twenty I was fit health football playing fitness coach. My wife has spina bifida, but the idea was my wife may have needed to look for somebody with a disability. It may have been just that one program, but they did seems to me to be matching disabled with disabled. Nothing wrong with that of course, I would have though the pool would be far bigger if people could mix with everyone

I've watched both series and episodes people with learning difficulties do seem to get fixed up with other people with learning difficulties but people with physical disabilities have been paired up with those without disabilities. I think for everyone it's a personal view point and choice and it also depends on who you meet in life.