Thread: Any advice would be so much appreciated :)

Any advice would be so much appreciated :)

Hello i came across this site and wondered if you could give me some advice please, im a named driver on a mobilty car for my disabled son as the months have gone by my own health is going down hill so i decided too put my over son through his driving test which he passed and he is 18 years old.
    I thought instead off handing the car back due to my own health i would pay to get my son through his test so he can be a named driver and take the pressure off me only too discover the BHP on the mobiliy car is too high for mobility rules for him too drive .
    Can someone please be kind enough too give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation as the car has another year left before i have too hand it back to get another car,
    Kind Regards
    Michael

I looked at it for my daughter to do and it's goingto be difficult because of there age is under 21 alot of them it's still 25 so yu will have to speak to to mobility themselves and see what they say in the end we bought our mobility car for this reason....so if my health does go down or if nothing happens to my disabled son we now have a car everyone can use to drive.

Call Motability and ask to end your lease early - they may waive the £250 cancellation as no-one can physically drive your car.

In the meantime use Motability's car search website and tick the 'Only display cars for drivers under 25' option - this will help to shortlist cars that your other son can drive. http://www.motabilityonline.co.uk/ca...FormSubmit.htm
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thankyou both so much for help and advice, im so worried about this situation ive been back too my doctors and he has said im not too drive due to my heart. Do you honestly think mobility will let me hand the car back and get a new car but smaller so my other son can transport his disabled brother around, think im just looking for reasurence before i make that call too them,
    Michael

Do you honestly think mobility will let me hand the car back and get a new car but smaller so my other son can transport his disabled brother around, think im just looking for reasurence before i make that call too them
    Yes.

If you think about it, most disabled people's conditions can fluctuate. Mine has got considerably worse over the last 2 years so I have gone from driving high-up manual cars to lower-down automatics.

They are in the business to help people like you and me. Explain everything to them like you have done here, and everything will be fine.

Don't worry.
    Motability Car History
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thankyou Paul for you support i made the call and mobility were so helpful and kind its all being sorted now to end my current lease and get a smaller car for my son too drive my disabled son around they made it so easy and worry free,
    Michael

I just want too say a big thankyou to you Paul and mobility, it only took 5 days altogether to sort out the new car and drive away as the dealer had one in stock it was all so stress and worry free im so happy so is my son,
    Many Thanks
    Michael

That's great news, I'm glad it all worked out. No need to thank me, that's exactly why I come on this forum to help.

What car did you go with?
    Motability Car History