Thread: Complete confusion.....ESA support group any advice welcome please..

Complete confusion.....ESA support group any advice welcome please..

Ok story so far...was on contribution based ESA for the year I has a stroke in may 2011 I am working 12 hrs a week...barely but I am doing it....I had a medical assessment beginning of the month....they said it was to see if I still qualified for the credit on my NI. Ok no problem with that.... Got a letter today stating I am in the support group and I will get a letter about payments once they figured them out.....
    Am I now expected to not work?...I need to work to keep active or I would stay in bed all day.
    I have an assortment of health issues....one being bile salts malabsportion which causes severe diahorrea. Which I have accidents with....and since the stroke have severe anxiety issues .....which gives me a nervous stomach...I was just hoping to get my stamps paid,,,, what happens now......help please any ideas on what happens next.....

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by PSMORE View Post
    Ok story so far...was on contribution based ESA for the year I has a stroke in may 2011 I am working 12 hrs a week...barely but I am doing it....I had a medical assessment beginning of the month....they said it was to see if I still qualified for the credit on my NI. Ok no problem with that.... Got a letter today stating I am in the support group and I will get a letter about payments once they figured them out.....
    Am I now expected to not work?...I need to work to keep active or I would stay in bed all day.
    I have an assortment of health issues....one being bile salts malabsportion which causes severe diahorrea. Which I have accidents with....and since the stroke have severe anxiety issues .....which gives me a nervous stomach...I was just hoping to get my stamps paid,,,, what happens now......help please any ideas on what happens next.....
    in support group not expected to work at all well done

Yes but am I allowed to do my 12 hrs I wasn't expecting to be moved they did that on there own from what i wrote and the medical assessment I guess when i finished the cb esa
    I still want to and do my 12 and on goods days if so more ....I am a bit over whelmed by this news really i asking nor wanting to be classed as disabled like that does this mean I will get my dla approved too....I have to work it gives me a Center of balance. Do I need to quit my job now or ill they begin to take money off of me.... I,m easily confused post stroke and this had floored me I was worried about the medical and them paying my NI still..... Not getting more money out of them....

you can still work in support group but they have to approve it if they dont you can do voluntary work
    You should now start getting payments again as you have been awarded support group and you will get ni credits
    getting this award will not mean you get dla but it may help them to make decision in your favour

How do i get them to approve work that that they already know that I am doing.....or do I just take it as a given that I m definitely allowed also if I do get the dla willgetting Theresa change the amount...thanks

there should be no problem if they already know, And no getting esa wont change amount of dla

Result will be getting a payment tomorrow....bonus wasnt expecting that I call and she said yes for the next two years I will get payments it is on the screen about doing 12 hrs of work but nothing about permitted work now.. So she said I could write a letter stating that I was concerned as I have been working 12 a week and to verify that it was the allowed ...well they knew I was doing 12 so should I write again......not sure on that one...

There will be no harm in writing again and keep a copy.