Thread: PIP Assessment Guide - Jan 2013

dun serving

PIP Assessment Guide - Jan 2013

dun serving
    It appears they have "re-included" the Safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, in a timely manner criteria, see 2.8.8.

Also interesting is the following paragraph:

2.8.9. The HP must also take into account that most health conditions or impairments can fluctuate over time. The HP should consider ability over a 12 month period as this helps to iron out fluctuations and presents a more coherent picture. For a scoring descriptor to apply, the claimant’s health condition or impairment must affect their ability to complete the activity on more than 50 per cent of days in the 12-month period. Where one single descriptor in an activity is likely to not be satisfied on more than 50 per cent of days, but a number of different scoring descriptors in that activity together are likely to be satisfied on more than 50 per cent of days, the descriptor likely to be satisfied for the highest proportion of the time should be selected.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by dun serving View Post
    It appears they have "re-included" the Safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, in a timely manner criteria, see 2.8.8.

Also interesting is the following paragraph:

2.8.9. The HP must also take into account that most health conditions or impairments can fluctuate over time. The HP should consider ability over a 12 month period as this helps to iron out fluctuations and presents a more coherent picture. For a scoring descriptor to apply, the claimant’s health condition or impairment must affect their ability to complete the activity on more than 50 per cent of days in the 12-month period. Where one single descriptor in an activity is likely to not be satisfied on more than 50 per cent of days, but a number of different scoring descriptors in that activity together are likely to be satisfied on more than 50 per cent of days, the descriptor likely to be satisfied for the highest proportion of the time should be selected.
    yes pip is better than dla when it comes to fluctuating health problems the 50/50 addresses the good days and bad days answer in a way that will help many people imo

Interesting read - thanks.
    I am reading it then that the 'moving' around distances actually means WALKING and not using a wheelchair? I think there has been some confusion about this section in the past - well from me anyway
    Sea Queen

dun serving
    Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    Interesting read - thanks.
    I am reading it then that the 'moving' around distances actually means WALKING and not using a wheelchair? I think there has been some confusion about this section in the past - well from me anyway
    It would appear so, at the moment! Note the date published and that at the top of every page it says:

"Note – This document will continue to be refined in the run-up to the implementation of PIP"

Plenty of time for it to be amended then.

I so hope it doesn't change much more than this. The safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner and the 50/50 good/bad days, both really help me and i now feel a little more optimistic, (apart from the fact that its ATOS doing the medicals and we know its more than likely that they're going to keep going on with the lies).