Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intimacy - disabled or non-disabled

Intimacy - disabled or non-disabled

Now this thad may well get some hits from all our mysterious guests.

Yes folks, disabled people have needs. Unless you're married, cohabiting, have a partner then look away.

On Thursday I'm off to Yorkshire to meet up with a 'friend'. I don't know her very well but we've been in touch since October.

Frightening as it may seem she's younger than I, able-bodied, in work and is separated. Personnaly I find her very attractive. Let's put it this way - she's far to good for me - so why are we seeing each other - good question! She's reaching out for me . Why? Well she has some understanding of disability as her son returned from Iraq, as a marine, with a war injury.

Is she my type?Well she's creative - an artist and poet - fine as I'm creative too. When I met her for thefirst time she's tall, slender, sun glasses on top of head and drives a flash soft top sports car and is often abroad in interesting places.
    Oh god, what on earth does a 'crip' like me have to offer - mmm nothing glamorous, spectacular or expensive.

But perhaps she sees something in me that the average 'able-bodied' guy doesn't have.

At this stage I won't presume to know what that could possibly be - perhaps some of our lady members could enlighten us poor males. All feedback welcome.

Account removed
    I walked around a corner home on leave, saw this blond girl sitting at a table drinking a glass of wine on her own, asked if I could sit down, she said yes. Six weeks later we were married, I was fit health playing football rugby, she was learning to walk.

She has spine Bifida although to see her you would not know except for a small limp she has, but of course she has major health problems.

She told me that most people did not want to know if she told them about her disability.

we have been married 40 years this year.

I just say life is strange and people are more then just ability or disability.

Treboc thanks for sharing your story. I can see you're a smooth operator. You obviously have the gift of the gab.

Today women are taking the lead. They have jobs which they enjoy, live alone because they can and like to have company when they want. A lot more women are independent and have choices.

And I know of women who have got married but still kept their first home after moving in with their husband / partner. I guess it's like insurance or a 'bolt hole' in case things go pear shaped.

We digress - intimacy - are you dating? How did you meet? Is your partner understanding about your impairment? Now don't be shy as everyone has a story to tell.

Its a shame that we can't have private conversations on this new YA Lighttouch.

Good Luck

Let us know how you get on x

Good luck to ya Touch

Mossy

How did it go ?

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
    How did it go ?
    Hello AP thanks for asking.

You see there are two types of relationship I think you can have with a woman - intimate or a friendship.. If it sets out to be a friendship and you want a sexual relationship that doesn't quite make it you can never return to just a friendship as it will fizzle out.

Well I met my artist friend at her studio as she was still working on a commission and it was a working day. It's not an accessible venue as it's in the loft up a steep staircase with a handrail on just one side - my side where my arm doesn't work. Anyway with a little help on the last step all was well without concern. Her gallery had changed since I last saw it with new paintings and new commissions in 'working progress'. Background 'coffee table music' was playing,coffee was on the percolator.

She was dressed in skin tight jeans showing off her lovely legs. White blouse with coloured silk scarf complete with sun glasses perched on her brunette shoulder length head of hair.

I sat on a two seater sofa and we chatted about her recent visit to Paris and the swiss alps where she had been invited to teach people how to draw and paint. This weekend she's in London doing the same.

Anyway, back to the story - she sat alongside me showing the snaps she'd taken on her digital camera. Our shoulders were touching as she flicked through her photos, then she tossed her auburn hair back - our eyes met and we gently kissed.

Her lips were like velvet - her tongue entered my mouth - before you knew it we were french kissing. She was breathing heavily through her nose, she raised her hand to brush it through my hair - I placed my hand on her firm bosom -I could feel her erect nipple . . . then I heard the clanking of footsteps on the bare board wooden staircase - customers All composed we greeted the customers - a couple over from Belfast who were in the area. Liz did a bit of her sales spiel - but alas no sales. The moment was lost.

Antway she was due elsewhere at 2pm so our time together was brief - I had to depart. I was OK descending the steep staircase as the handrail was on my good side.

We embrassed at my car before we departed - more of a French way of departing - kisses to oth sides of the face. We waved goodbye and I departed to find a coffee bar in Ilkley, Yorkshire. She's a lovely woman. but there will always be distance that keeps us apart. She has no idea how passionate this disabled guy can be and I'm afraid that she'll never find out - perhaps it's her loss.

We're still in touch obviously but she's very weary and I'm not sure how to break the barriers down. Unlucky in love I guess.

Oh LT, thats such a shame, but I believe if things are meant to be then they will work out. Perhaps she is not THE ONE or if she is then I am sure things will work out.

By the way have you thought about writing steamy novels ;-)

All the best

Account removed

Thumbs down

Ah sex I remember what it was about, or is that I'd like to think I remember it.

yeah me too !