Thread: True unemployment real figures

Question True unemployment real figures

Yesterday it was announced that yet again unemployment levels had dropped.

after reading various comments in the newspapers , people were questioning how this could be true when we haven't basically got out of recession, redundancies been announced all over and so on.

One person then stated, not sure if it is correct that after 6 months on Job seekers that people are then been transferred to income support and are no longer counted as part of the unemployment figures.

so with people now questioning these figures just wondering what the real unemployment figures really are in this country?

if it is true about this transfer to income support after 6 months and not been counted, wonder why these papers and t.v keep boasting like this if the figures aren't correct. what is the true total?

do people on training schemes get left out of the tally as there are 800,000 plus on them now?

(only this morning t.v announced more gloom with shops cutting back on staff and only 4% going to take staff on)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    Yesterday it was announced that yet again unemployment levels had dropped.

after reading various comments in the newspapers , people were questioning how this could be true when we haven't basically got out of recession, redundancies been announced all over and so on.

One person then stated, not sure if it is correct that after 6 months on Job seekers that people are then been transferred to income support and are no longer counted as part of the unemployment figures.

so with people now questioning these figures just wondering what the real unemployment figures really are in this country?

if it is true about this transfer to income support after 6 months and not been counted, wonder why these papers and t.v keep boasting like this if the figures aren't correct. what is the true total?

do people on training schemes get left out of the tally as there are 800,000 plus on them now?

(only this morning t.v announced more gloom with shops cutting back on staff and only 4% going to take staff on)
    They say there are statistics about statistics. "Adjusting" figures has been around for years, in fact part of our problem now is that in the past many were allowed to claim IB "more easily" as they didn't count in unemployed figures.
    They also say that many have had to take part time work.
    I wonder if those in WRAG are counted in the figures? I doubt any one knows the true figures.

Job Seekers who are put into the Work Programme are required to sign off JSA hence not appearing in the real unemployment figures.The media seem to collude with whatever government that's in power not to reveal the true figures.They did it under Labour and are now doing it under the Tory/Lib Dem shambles.