Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: more esa confusion

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20

    Angry more esa confusion

    pleased i've found this forum !!!! sick of all this esa gobble-de-gook,it's so confusing !!!! anyway,i was transferred from ib to esa last year and only i've only recently been told that esa only lasts for a year . . . i just thought esa just replaced ib.during a meeting with cab i was advised to apply again as soon as possible as my esa is due to end 2nd february.i rang dwp to explain and they sent me an esa 3 form to complete.i was also unaware that there were 2 groups(support and wrag),i feel i should be in the support group.to cut a long story short,i sent my esa 3 to the belfast address as there was no address on the envelope so when i rang dwp they said they hadnt received it and they would send me another one.after all the hold ups i have sent off the form (albeit late)along with a doctors letter which states "in his opinion i am unfit for work for now and will be for the foreseeable future".when i was moved onto esa i had one work related interveiw ,one medical and one phone call from the jobcentre 3 months or so after my interview.i have to go for another work related interview next week.i currently recieve dla both lower components and i am so confused as to what will happen now.should i appeal to get into the support group or should i see what happens when they receive my esa 3 and doctors letter ?sorry for all the confusion,i hope someone can shed some light on the subject as i think we're all fed up of having to prove over and over about our illnesses !!! many thanks !!!!

  2. #2
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by corycrazy1 View Post
    pleased i've found this forum !!!! sick of all this esa gobble-de-gook,it's so confusing !!!! anyway,i was transferred from ib to esa last year and only i've only recently been told that esa only lasts for a year . . . i just thought esa just replaced ib.during a meeting with cab i was advised to apply again as soon as possible as my esa is due to end 2nd february.i rang dwp to explain and they sent me an esa 3 form to complete.i was also unaware that there were 2 groups(support and wrag),i feel i should be in the support group.to cut a long story short,i sent my esa 3 to the belfast address as there was no address on the envelope so when i rang dwp they said they hadnt received it and they would send me another one.after all the hold ups i have sent off the form (albeit late)along with a doctors letter which states "in his opinion i am unfit for work for now and will be for the foreseeable future".when i was moved onto esa i had one work related interveiw ,one medical and one phone call from the jobcentre 3 months or so after my interview.i have to go for another work related interview next week.i currently recieve dla both lower components and i am so confused as to what will happen now.should i appeal to get into the support group or should i see what happens when they receive my esa 3 and doctors letter ?sorry for all the confusion,i hope someone can shed some light on the subject as i think we're all fed up of having to prove over and over about our illnesses !!! many thanks !!!!
    esa only lasts one year if your not in the support group and its CB esa ir or esa cb in support carries on

    your drs letter saying not fit for work imo wont carry much weight you will need to prove it with evidance

    how you have gone so long without knowing is strange having spoke with cab and dwp advisors


    you have little chance of sorting this out by 2nd feb so go see cab you might need to claim jsa is

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,803
    I'm also confused about CAB also.
    Anyway, another option is you could appeal on the grounds that you were unaware you had been placed in WRAG to begin with.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20
    thanks for your reply !!!! went to cab for advice about a private matter and they needed certain financial info to help me and thats when i found out about there being two groups.i was told i should appeal and was given a number for welfare rights.welfare rights did ring me a couple of weeks after my meeting with cab and then said they would contact me again which never happened.in the meantime we have been moving house so ive had allsorts to sort out.i had sent 2 letters in the post one day and i rang one recipiant who hadnt got theirs so i thought i'd check if dwp had received their letter i.e my claim,they had'nt so i was promised another form would be sent out which didnt happen so i had to request yet another one.the staff at dwp all give different answers to different questions and most times do not log the phone call so part of the blame is on them.during my last phone call i was told to send in my claim as it wasnt too late because they wouldnt look at it till my original claim ran out anyway which seems rubbish advice to me.may be a good idea to see cab as you suggested.thank you again.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20
    thanks for your reply also wobble 1 !!!! all advice is much appreciated !!!! like i said,i just thought esa replaced ib so i just let the months roll by.if it wasnt for my meeting with cab i would probably never given it a second thought.thanks again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    801
    Everyone who transfers from IB to ESA is intitially put onto ESA CB which dependant on which group you are put in eg WRAG -ESA payment lasts for just 365 days, after that although you are still classed as unfit to work only NI contnues to be paid, unless you qualify for IB WRAG ESA after the 365 days . Support group placement is paid for the time you remain in the that group ie can be more than 365 days.

    Your situation now depends on your household income as to whether your ESA payemnt will continue or not after 365 days, which is why you were sent an ESA 3 form to fill in. This form asks all about household income and dependant on your circumstances will decide whether your ESA WRAG will change over to Income based and continue to be paid, or not. If you have a partner who works or any other income say from a pension etc, then it prob won't continue, as he/she is expected to support you.

    If your ESA decison was less tghan 12 monhts a go you can try putting in a late appeal for Support Group. But you will have to prove why you meet the Support Group descriptors. A general statment form your GP saying you're unfit to work is of no help.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    47
    ATOS are numptys I got phone call from Job centre plus on Wednesday, telling me my details had been updated and to disregard any medical forms. Guess what happens the numpties send me an threatening letter if I didnt have my form sent back for 29th Jan, it could affect my money.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by corycrazy1 View Post
    thanks for your reply also wobble 1 !!!! all advice is much appreciated !!!! like i said,i just thought esa replaced ib so i just let the months roll by.if it wasnt for my meeting with cab i would probably never given it a second thought.thanks again.
    If you feel that you should have been placed in SG then appeal on the grounds I mentioned before.
    As SFedup. said, the onus will be on you to show why you should have been put into SG which will mean going through the descriptors.
    The other choice is to wait till your 365 days are up and start anew from then.
    Last edited by wobble1; 24-01-13 at 22:43.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Everyone who transfers from IB to ESA is intitially put onto ESA CB which dependant on which group you are put in eg WRAG -ESA payment lasts for just 365 days, after that although you are still classed as unfit to work only NI contnues to be paid, unless you qualify for IB WRAG ESA after the 365 days . Support group placement is paid for the time you remain in the that group ie can be more than 365 days.

    Your situation now depends on your household income as to whether your ESA payemnt will continue or not after 365 days, which is why you were sent an ESA 3 form to fill in. This form asks all about household income and dependant on your circumstances will decide whether your ESA WRAG will change over to Income based and continue to be paid, or not. If you have a partner who works or any other income say from a pension etc, then it prob won't continue, as he/she is expected to support you.

    If your ESA decison was less tghan 12 monhts a go you can try putting in a late appeal for Support Group. But you will have to prove why you meet the Support Group descriptors. A general statment form your GP saying you're unfit to work is of no help.
    thankyou for your reply !!!! everything seems clearer now,gr8 information !!!!

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20
    thanks for your reply !!!! it does your head in,filling in forms and dealing with people who havnt a clue how to do their job !!!the people who make the decisions usually have no idea about our illnessess which really annoys me.

Similar Threads

  1. Esa confusion
    By Pinklover in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-09-14, 17:00
  2. Dla confusion
    By Megmum in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-13, 12:10
  3. DLA confusion
    By Jezzy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-13, 11:14
  4. ESA Confusion
    By Titch in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-04-13, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •