Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: losing DLA through ESA

  1. #1

    losing DLA through ESA

    hi all.ive just got my letter stating i'm getting my esa form through in the next 2 weeks to transfer me from IB.was wondering,if they decide to put me in the wrag group instead of the support group,will that mean i'll lose my DLA (I get lower rate mobility and middle rate care) as they have found me capable of doing some kind of work.or they might just put me on jobseekers from what ive read about these people,even though ive been on IB for 12 years for depression,dementia and periphial neuropathy.ive also been awarded DLA indefinitely and i thought i'd read that they weren't doing the medicals for those till march 2013.am i right.thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    warwickshire
    Posts
    779
    Hi my aunt was put in the work group and is in process of appealing she gets dla too and as had nothing from them, as far as i know it shouldn't make a difference as people who work get dla. I read about dla changing to pip on the gov site during feb and april they will be sending everyone on dla notes to let them know what will be going on with it. Then between 2015 and 2018 they will be asking people on dla if they want to apply for pip if they do they'll fill it in then most will be called in for a face to face. You should go to the gov site for more info.
    When the form comes fill it out as well as you can or get someone to help you get a letter from your doc and any med people you see photocopy it so you have it to refer back to and send it at post office with free proof of posting so you have proof you've sent it off then you just have to wait.
    Good luck with it hope it goes ok

  3. #3
    thanks for that reply.i'm breathing a huge sigh of relief now you told me about your aunt.i forgot that people on DLA can work as well so no,it shouldn't make any difference should it

  4. #4
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina451 View Post
    hi all.ive just got my letter stating i'm getting my esa form through in the next 2 weeks to transfer me from IB.was wondering,if they decide to put me in the wrag group instead of the support group,will that mean i'll lose my DLA (I get lower rate mobility and middle rate care) as they have found me capable of doing some kind of work.or they might just put me on jobseekers from what ive read about these people,even though ive been on IB for 12 years for depression,dementia and periphial neuropathy.ive also been awarded DLA indefinitely and i thought i'd read that they weren't doing the medicals for those till march 2013.am i right.thanks for your help
    if something in the esa form or the medical brings into question your dla they will review

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    if something in the esa form or the medical brings into question your dla they will review
    No one wants to be the bearer of gloom but then the reality of things at the moment are gloomy.
    As you say, a bad ESA decision or discrepency is likely to prompt a DLA review.
    Hopefully katrina it won't come to that and your ESA will go OK.

  6. #6
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    No one wants to be the bearer of gloom but then the reality of things at the moment are gloomy.
    As you say, a bad ESA decision or discrepency is likely to prompt a DLA review.
    Hopefully katrina it won't come to that and your ESA will go OK.
    the area what seems to prompt more dla reviews than others (and i dont think it should) is where the mobility is brought into question

  7. #7
    thanks for all your replies.they're all helpfull

Similar Threads

  1. PIP - losing motability car
    By bexs99 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-05-14, 15:04
  2. Losing my car
    By Rockey in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-03-14, 20:25
  3. How many hours can you work before losing benefits
    By akrbigboy in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-14, 12:17
  4. Losing my lovely GP
    By andypandy in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-13, 16:46
  5. Losing Sleep
    By Blue-badger in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 14-04-13, 16:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •