Thread: Feeling stressed and scared!

Unhappy Feeling stressed and scared!

I am really feeling stressed and scared about my Esa appeal next week i have someone going from c.a.b with me and they have said i stand a good chance ,i have trouble remembering things and i have it in my head i will say the wrong thing and muck it all up has any of you gone thourgh this of recent and can you offer any help or advice ? i just feel sick and worried about the whole thing and i have thought about calling the whole thing off

Hi,

Good luck with your appeal.
    To help you remember and maybe ease your anxiety, perhaps you could write things down and read them now and again. Perhaps get someone to come around and ask you questions ?
    Above all, try to write as much info as you can to your cab person, then if you can't remember, say so and refer to him / her.

My partner has a terrible memory due to her medication and as she is scared and willing to please, is easily led by people asking leading questions. Now she tries to ask me to answer if she is not able to answer a question correctly.

Best wishes,
    Dee
    http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by isolation1 View Post
    Hi,

Good luck with your appeal.
    To help you remember and maybe ease your anxiety, perhaps you could write things down and read them now and again. Perhaps get someone to come around and ask you questions ?
    Above all, try to write as much info as you can to your cab person, then if you can't remember, say so and refer to him / her.

My partner has a terrible memory due to her medication and as she is scared and willing to please, is easily led by people asking leading questions. Now she tries to ask me to answer if she is not able to answer a question correctly.

Best wishes,
    Dee
    http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com
    Excellent advice. Write things down and take a friend with you to remind you - they'll act as moral support too.

I have been told by a friend who has been that they could try to trick me with questions about where i shop and so on that is waht is worrying me ....that they ask me a question and i don't know how to answer .

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzypink View Post
    I have been told by a friend who has been that they could try to trick me with questions about where i shop and so on that is waht is worrying me ....that they ask me a question and i don't know how to answer .
    they are not rick questions the court has no axe to grind they will ask both you and the dwp questions they need the answers to to make a decsion

never rush an answer if they ask a question dont rush think ask them to repeat if not sure, if they think your taking too long they will ask you to speed up.

the shops are a decent question

i dont shop .............. ill someone does it for me ............ i shop online .......... i get someone to take me when I can manage

I wish you good luck for your appeal, Fizzy.

With my ESA Medical, I had a Doctor asked me a "shop" question actually. I said that I shop online or I go with my parents. (Which my mum backed me up) Rest of the questions were about my Disabilities/Illness/Medications and how It's effect my abilities.

I was asked to touch my toes, but I refused it I know It would give me discomfort/hurt on my upper spine/neck. And asked If I could turn my head side to side, which I cannot do. (As my neck rotation is very limited) I do not know how your illness affects you, but do not feel pressured into doing things for the Doctor that you would not normally be able to do.

davewhit
    tell them harrods sends the stuff by van twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    tell them harrods sends the stuff by van twice a week.
    LOL That's funny

Lol yeah Dave and i shall tell them i really am posh spice while i am at it lol