Thread: Confused about migrating from Income Support to ESA Too Much To TaKe In . HELP!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Confused about migrating from Income Support to ESA Too Much To TaKe In . HELP!!!

Hello , I am very confused and distressed about migrating from Income support which I have received for around 20 years to esa. I received a letter and then a phone call asking if I'd received the letter and informing me that I will receive a form to fill in within 2 to 4 weeks. I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety since being a teenager , and also have epilepsy, with poor seizure control, added to this I have ocd, and poor short term memory. I am terrified of this whole process and find any slight change very hard to cope with. I would be grateful for any help or advice you could offer,and could anyone tell me where I could get help to fill in the form, and how long does the assesment take?. Thank you.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleaged View Post
    Hello , I am very confused and distressed about migrating from Income support which I have received for around 20 years to esa. I received a letter and then a phone call asking if I'd received the letter and informing me that I will receive a form to fill in within 2 to 4 weeks. I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety since being a teenager , and also have epilepsy, with poor seizure control, added to this I have ocd, and poor short term memory. I am terrified of this whole process and find any slight change very hard to cope with. I would be grateful for any help or advice you could offer,and could anyone tell me where I could get help to fill in the form, and how long does the assesment take?. Thank you.
    you need to collect copies of medical reports from the drs you see ask your gp for copies there might be a charge its worth it, contact CAB or some other local welfare charity and ask for help filling the esa50 in

you send in the form after 4 weeks and atos will look at it, they will advise dwp what to do before that .... they might call you for a medical after that you will be told one of three things no esa and to apply for jsa esa but work group in which you will be given interviews to see how one day you might go to work or the support group in which they just pay you money and you dont do anything

ESA discriptors

Sorry I know this is on here somewhere but can't find it Thanks
    Sea Queen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    ESA discriptors

Sorry I know this is on here somewhere but can't find it Thanks
    http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/esalaw.htm good place to read

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa-draft-regs-2012.pdf even better read

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f31.htm

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    you need to collect copies of medical reports from the drs you see ask your gp for copies there might be a charge its worth it, contact CAB or some other local welfare charity and ask for help filling the esa50 in

you send in the form after 4 weeks and atos will look at it, they will advise dwp what to do before that .... they might call you for a medical after that you will be told one of three things no esa and to apply for jsa esa but work group in which you will be given interviews to see how one day you might go to work or the support group in which they just pay you money and you dont do anything
    Thanks for your help, do you know how long it takes them to decide which of the three things happen?, if you are in the work group do you attend interviews straight away?, do you have to do unpaid work?. Thanks again.

davewhit
    Thanks for your help, do you know how long it takes them to decide which of the three things happen?, if you are in the work group do you attend interviews straight away?, do you have to do unpaid work?. Thanks again.
    everyones different and offices have different work loads they might write to gp or call you for medical all takes time

Thanks dave I notice that they are still saying under 'premiums' that you 'may' get severe disabilty allowance but I thought they were scrapping that?
    Sea Queen

I'm assuming that you feel unable to work. If so, it's just a matter of going through a process due to the changes in law not in your situation.
    It all seems a daunting prospect but with help it is do able. As said, any professional advice will be a God send and help lessen the stress and confusion and there are always those here for support and advice.
    You just need to concentrate on getting the form filled out right now and then take it from there.
    IF things don't go in your favour you can always appeal.
    How bad is your epilepsy? as this can be a key factor. Do you have any help or support in your daily life?

Hello, and thanks for the reply.Yes that's right I do feel unable to work and need to go through the process. I will ask my GP to support me with this and anyone else I can think of. My epilepsy does vary , I have suffered several seizures since just after Christmas, it's never been fully controlled. I have support from a relative in my daily life. At the minute I can hardly think straight, and can't sleep, but as you say I need to need to get the form filled out and take it from there. Many thanks for your help.