Thread: DEA Interview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry DEA Interview

Had my interview for this yesterday.Along with everything else in the benefits system this too has changed.Used to be a soft soap approach now it's a very,let's call it,robust interview.The psychology is that one is meant to think that he/she is the only person who is disabled and long-term unemployed ie. it is a character flaw and nothing to do with any external factors ie. employers who will not employ disabled people , the economic collapse etc.In other words - bullshit!
    Was kept waiting for almost an hour and was interested to see a guy in his 50s or 60 coming out from his interview.He could barely walk and had to hold onto the furniture to stay balanced.What kind of scumbag Tory/Lib Dem bastards are these people who're making a guy like this come in and sign on?It's organised cruelty!
    I am now going to see someone at Remploy in the next few weeks.So the Employment Advisor passed me onto the Disability Employment Advisor who has passed me onto Remploy.I shall of course ask the "Advisor" at Remploy how long their company is going to last.

I have just read your post and looked at the Remploy website. I cannot believe they have the audacity to advertise cleaning jobs with the following job description :
    •Being organised and reliable
    •Being able to work methodically and pay attention to detail
    •Being able to work quickly and efficiently
    •Being able to work well in a team
    •Being able to work alone and use your initiative
    •Being able to follow procedures

There are also jobs at Poundland and Asda as "•Stock replenisher". All fine when you can stand up for ages, not be in pain and so on.

http://www.remploy.co.uk/employment-.../cleaning.ashx

This is really bad in my opinion and there are very little jobs offered through Remploy.

What is a DEA interview?

Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    What is a DEA interview?
    Diability Employment Advisor. Basically like WFI done at JCP. Just put those initials in to confuse you further.

Quote Originally Posted by mLV View Post
    I have just read your post and looked at the Remploy website. I cannot believe they have the audacity to advertise cleaning jobs with the following job description :

There are also jobs at Poundland and Asda as "•Stock replenisher". All fine when you can stand up for ages, not be in pain and so on.

This is really bad in my opinion and there are very little jobs offered through Remploy.
    Yes.I agree.It's a load of old bollocks.As far as I'm concerned all of this stuff is a formality to go through to get your benefits and keep some schmuck in work.

Quote Originally Posted by mLV View Post

s
    They'll get people with mental issues or learning disabilities into these kind of low paid shelf-stacking and skivvy jobs.Their "successes" are getting 3 people in Birmingham working for Sainsbury , no doubt bringing back trolleys from the car park.Big wow!