Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Motability Cars - Change Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Adam79 View Post
    Hi I'm in the same position as you. I have the 1 series coupe and wanted to wait for the 2 series.
    My car is due to change in September

Paul do you know if I could hold on to my current car until I find a car that suits?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. With it being a re-badge of the 1 series I am hoping this comes on the scheme quite quickly.

If you are due to change in Sept then you can extend your lease by 6 months. This will then give you until March time to have ordered your new car. I would dble check to see if the car has to have arrived by March but I don't think it does.

The 2 series is out end of September I believe and the convertible early in the new year, ideally this is what I am after.

We shall see what happens

I've got some news for you peeps waiting for the 2-Series.

It will début at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September and go on sale in early 2014, so unfortunately you've got a little longer to wait.

However here's an undisguised pic http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ed-undisguised
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Dobby_1979 View Post
    Thanks for the info. With it being a re-badge of the 1 series I am hoping this comes on the scheme quite quickly.

If you are due to change in Sept then you can extend your lease by 6 months. This will then give you until March time to have ordered your new car. I would dble check to see if the car has to have arrived by March but I don't think it does.

The 2 series is out end of September I believe and the convertible early in the new year, ideally this is what I am after.

We shall see what happens
    Didn't realise I could extend the lease
    That would be great because I don't fancy anything on there at the minute and prefer the car I already have.

Deleted
    Sadly, you can't hold onto your present car whilst you await a car that suits you.

If a car you've ordered is delayed.....you can then hang onto your present car up to a maximum of 6 months.

Some of you could consider extending your lease for 12 months if your car has covered less than 15,000 miles at end of present lease....the BMW 2 advance payment should have lessened by then

Didn't realise I could extend the lease
    That would be great because I don't fancy anything on there at the minute and prefer the car I already have.
    From Motability FAQs

Can I keep my car longer?
    If you wish to keep your car longer you will need to contact Customer Services for assistance. It may be possible to arrange a short extension to your lease to allow a new application. Or, if you have adaptations on your car or the mileage is likely to be less than 15,000 at the end of the agreement, it may be possible to keep the car for a longer period. Alternatively, you also have the option to purchase your car at the end of the contract.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    From Motability FAQs

Can I keep my car longer?
    If you wish to keep your car longer you will need to contact Customer Services for assistance. It may be possible to arrange a short extension to your lease to allow a new application. Or, if you have adaptations on your car or the mileage is likely to be less than 15,000 at the end of the agreement, it may be possible to keep the car for a longer period. Alternatively, you also have the option to purchase your car at the end of the contract.
    You can't tell them that you are waiting for a new car to be released but you can keep hold of your current car for longer. My brother extended his contract by 6 months and had not pre-ordered anything. It is obviously under there discretion but I believe they are quite flexible.

My car is due mid October and 6 months would work great for the 2 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I've got some news for you peeps waiting for the 2-Series.

It will début at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September and go on sale in early 2014, so unfortunately you've got a little longer to wait.

However here's an undisguised pic http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ed-undisguised
    Thanks for the update, I saw the pics the other day. Looks a v nice car

Quote Originally Posted by Dobby_1979 View Post
    You can't tell them that you are waiting for a new car to be released but you can keep hold of your current car for longer. My brother extended his contract by 6 months and had not pre-ordered anything. It is obviously under there discretion but I believe they are quite flexible.

My car is due mid October and 6 months would work great for the 2 series.
    Hi what did your brother say to them for them to allow the extra 6 months? if you don't mind me asking

Hi what did your brother say to them for them to allow the extra 6 months? if you don't mind me asking
    Hi.. I'm not sure what he said but will confirm when I speak to him next. He wasn't waiting for a new model or anything, just didn't fancy changing from what he had at the time.

I think they are quite flexible to extend by 6 months

Noticed a lot of the car models have been reduced