Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new mobilty idea

The new mobilty idea

You have got me really worried about the new mobility criterea, am I understanding it correctly. You get mobility indef. so you decide to use it to get a wheel chair or scooter but as soon as you get it you lose your entitlement to mobility so you have to hand it back and then as you no longer get mobility you are stuck in the house, am I correct with this assumption. I hope this is just a silly idea and wont ever happen.Lets have your opinion on th ematter

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    You have got me really worried about the new mobility criterea, am I understanding it correctly. You get mobility indef. so you decide to use it to get a wheel chair or scooter but as soon as you get it you lose your entitlement to mobility so you have to hand it back and then as you no longer get mobility you are stuck in the house, am I correct with this assumption. I hope this is just a silly idea and wont ever happen.Lets have your opinion on th ematter
    if you get an award of mobility indef at present it will NOT be looked at for 12 months or longer under the right benefit program could be years before its looked at, it can be checked again the day after being awarded if someone suspects fraud

Sorry but I might be getting muddled up here, Ive had an indef award for mobility for the last 27 years, every time Ive been reassessed its been no prob, but with the new PIP mobility criteria it looks as though I wont get the higher rate, so I wont be able to get a scooter or wheel chair

That's correct. BUT you shouldn't be assessed under the PIP descriptors until October 2015.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it as no doubt the rules will change and there will be a new government beforehand.

Although if you need a wheelchair to get around, it looks (to me) like you should be entitled to the enhanced rate.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Yeah thats what Im worried about, Im wheelchair bound, I can only walk with a zimmer for a few steps then my legs start to go, but its says if you can propel your self more than 20 meters you wont get the enchanced rate only the standard Not good enough for Motability

Thats how I read it anyway Paul

satar
    Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Yeah thats what Im worried about, Im wheelchair bound, I can only walk with a zimmer for a few steps then my legs start to go, but its says if you can propel your self more than 20 meters you wont get the enchanced rate only the standard Not good enough for Motability

Thats how I read it anyway Paul
    The way I look at it is if someone can self propel a wheelchair at least 20 metres and can't walk then they should not get the enhanced rate. Look at the wheelchair athletes. Some probably can't walk but they can certainly handle a wheelchair - they won't get the enhanced rate. Neither will those with artificial legs who can run the 100 metres!

Quote Originally Posted by satar View Post
    that is unless you ask to be assessed under pip before 2015, or are suspected of fraud or the dwp just want to check up on you.
    Up until now i have reported 7 people who were obviously abusing motability. Whilst visiting my wife in hospital i used to go outside for a ciggy in the car park. You would be surprised how many who have motability cars seem to be able to manage to walk with no difficulty the 100 metres from the hospital to the car park! Just used my phone and videoed them and gave the registration number to the dwp hot line.

So anybody anywhere can be reported at anytime.
    maybe they where visiting someone in hospital and they are the driver anyway
    who do you think you are to videoed people without the facts or do you spy
    on them to see. Get a life

That is unless you ask to be assessed under PIP before 2015, or are suspected of fraud or the DWP just want to check up on you.
    Up until now I have reported 7 people who were obviously abusing Motability. Whilst visiting my wife in hospital I used to go outside for a ciggy in the car park. You would be surprised how many who have motability cars seem to be able to manage to walk with no difficulty the 100 metres from the hospital to the car park! Just used my phone and videoed them and gave the registration number to the DWP hot line.

So anybody anywhere can be reported at anytime.
    What a wonderful human being you are.You must be a godsend to the likes of IDS

The way I look at it is if someone can self propel a wheelchair at least 20 metres and can't walk then they should not get the enhanced rate. Look at the wheelchair athletes. Some probably can't walk but they can certainly handle a wheelchair - they won't get the enhanced rate. Neither will those with artificial legs who can run the 100 metres!
    They are exceptional athletes though, not ordinary disabled. Take it you're not disabled or you would't be stirring it like you seem to be doing. If you've got nothing helpful to say, why don't you go back to commenting with your friends on the Daily Mail.

In response to both your comments on this thread. Its people like you who act first and ask questions later, that can make genuine disabled peoples lives much harder.

Disabled people have enough problems to deal with, without worrying about people like you making incorrect assumptions.
    Last edited by galeforce81; 22-01-13 at 14:24.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollydaydream View Post
    Can i suggest this poster removes the R at the end of his name and replaces it with N.
    while i might not agree with his actions I will not pass negative comments on him or any other poster, be they trying it on to get in suport group when the work group is spot on. be it they are after dla when from there own post anyone having appiled knows enough they have a cat in hells chance of getting it and the right thing would be to tell them you have no claim. people make choices in actions and thats there problem