Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wfi interview

Wfi interview

Hi
    I am in the wrag esa(cb) please can anyone tell me if the jcp advisor make me go on any training courses or do some type of work ? am I correct that being put in the wrag I am classed as "not fit for work" therefore the jcp can not force me to do any of the above.

Thanks for any advice.

I`ll let you know in a couple of weeks,thats when I have my first appointment with them

Hi
    Thanks for the replys, trying to pick the bones out of it all, seems so loosely written like many of the dwp info's below the quote:-

The current sanctions system
    Under the present system claimants in the WRAG who fail to attend or participate in a work focused interview, or who fail to carry out work related activity agreed with their adviser, receive an open ended sanction. The sanction amount is 50 per cent of the work related activity component, increasing to 100 per cent of the component after four weeks. The sanction is lifted when they re-comply.

Davewhit, where it says "agreed" with there advisor does anyone know if the wra what ever they decide you should do, do both sides have to agree that its what you can/want to do or is it just a case of you will do as I decide from the jcp advisor ?

Thanks

derekq the sanction bit you quote is the old one it reduced the wra component = £28 if you read a bit further you would see its now 50% of your personal allowance = £ 71

Quote Originally Posted by Derekq View Post
    Hi
    Davewhit, where it says "agreed" with there advisor does anyone know if the wra what ever they decide you should do, do both sides have to agree that its what you can/want to do or is it just a case of you will do as I decide from the jcp advisor ?
    Derek,

Thats what crossed my mind..Interesting scenario,

Advisor........I think you may benefit or are capable of carrying out a certain work related activity.....

Me,disabled with limited capability of working........I disagree

What happens next?

Let's not be under any illusion wrag is another name for JSA, therefore all the rules that apply to JSA apply to wrag, and I mean all.

Hi
    Well JPR, sadly Davewhit is probably correct, as they have the upper hand, isnt life a bitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I often read the dwp statements and sit back and try to look at there cleverly worded phrases and statements, somewhere in Whitehall there is a room where a group of these rather unpleasent people hide away and spend there days scripting these phrases.

Same as the esa50 so many open meanings on many descriptors, just depends how you read those questions and apply your answers.

Still, thats neither here or there we are at the end of the chain and have to deal with it all, I believe that getting on "the right side" of the jcp adviser is at this stage a good thing to achive, but I think it may be not so easy as they see one after another of us each day, week in week out.

Slipmaster, thats a lot to loose £££££££££££££££££££££££££ 's so I must be a good boy, for now, I do hope the power over people dosent go to there heads.

but heres the thing though, isnt wrag only for a year? and then after that gets stopped you can receive income related Esa right?

whats happens with that? sorry if people have already discussed this to death but i havent got very good focus therefore struggle to read and understand properly but if someone could break it down for me please. from what i know Income related ESA will be around £71 - the same amount as JSA - but this is only available for people who have provided sick notes in the past/qualify for ESA... right?
    so anyone who has limited availabilty of work will be entitled to this, you either simply switch over to it or apply for it? any of this right?

but what happens when you are on it, they say there is no time limit for Income related so that obviously means you can be on it for however long but they still win cos they lowered your income, ok that i get, but will you still be getting asked to attend WFI when just on income related?
    and will they still call you in for reassessments and medicals? thats the part i dont get.
    just how long can you stay on, what i'm guessing used to be, income support?
    and what sort of hoops do they want you to jump through in order to keep getting that???

Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    but heres the thing though, isnt wrag only for a year? and then after that gets stopped you can receive income related Esa right?

whats happens with that? sorry if people have already discussed this to death but i havent got very good focus therefore struggle to read and understand properly but if someone could break it down for me please. from what i know Income related ESA will be around £71 - the same amount as JSA - but this is only available for people who have provided sick notes in the past/qualify for ESA... right?

Thought it was still the £99 if on IB ESA?

so anyone who has limited availabilty of work will be entitled to this, you either simply switch over to it or apply for it? any of this right?
    Yes ESA2

but what happens when you are on it, they say there is no time limit for Income related so that obviously means you can be on it for however long but they still win cos they lowered your income, ok that i get, but will you still be getting asked to attend WFI when just on income related?

Yes. WRAG as far as they're concerned means you've some capability to work , or will have once they've sent you on some courses and/or your illness perhaps improves. Not everyone in the WRAG group is going to be unfit for work forever, so it covers a lot of different people's situations.

and will they still call you in for reassessments and medicals? thats the part i dont get.

If I'm right that WRAG IB continues to indefintely pay a higher amount than JSA , then yes they'll keep reassessing you until you're judged fit to work and then it would be IB JSA or whatever.

just how long can you stay on,
    As long as you meet the descriptors for the WRAG group. what i'm guessing used to be, income support?

and what sort of hoops do they want you to jump through in order to keep getting that???

Fill in ESA forms, attend assessments if asked, and attend WFI's and do any reasonable work related activity the advisor says. And maybe be put on mandatory work voluntary placement at some point depending on the length of prognosis.

[COLOR="#0000FF"] TBH other than a higher payment the difference between ESA WRAG and JSA, and maybe not being pushed as hard as JSA people I'm not really sure there's much betwen now. The days of people being left indefinitely on anything like IB , including in the Support Group are a thing of the past. Can't see it changing unless it starts to beome more expensive on appeals and ATOS or whoever costs,. when they'll no doubt come up with something else. /COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    you lose, there game there money
    Not much of a game,a bit one sided

Well JPR, sadly Davewhit is probably correct, as they have the upper hand, isnt life a bitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I often read the dwp statements and sit back and try to look at there cleverly worded phrases and statements, somewhere in Whitehall there is a room where a group of these rather unpleasent people hide away and spend there days scripting these phrases.
    He may well be correct but I dare say I`ll soon find out for myself..Only just under a year to go and I`ll receive nothing anyway

Same as the esa50 so many open meanings on many descriptors, just depends how you read those questions and apply your answers.
    Agree but would say heavily weighted in there favour

Still, thats neither here or there we are at the end of the chain and have to deal with it all, I believe that getting on "the right side" of the jcp adviser is at this stage a good thing to achive, but I think it may be not so easy as they see one after another of us each day, week in week out.
    Yes something I was advised

Contribution based ESA/WRAG is for one year then you MAY be entitled to Income based ESA.... depends on other income/savings etc