Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official - PIP 'planned' reassessments are on hold; Payments will continue.

Official - PIP 'planned' reassessments are on hold; Payments will continue.

A paragraph burried in the latest PIP statistics has confirmed that regular PIP 'planned' reassessments are on hold, with only new claims and reported changes of circumstance being processed/assessed.

More importantly it also confirms that for those whose planned review date is put on hold PIP will continue to be paid until they can be reassessed.

NOTE HOWEVER That the statement as written doesn't seem to include “short term award without review” (awards of 2 years or less that haven't been given a review date, only an end date); it only talks about PIP awards that have a planned review date.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...-to-april-2022
    Changes in clearance volumes vary for different areas of the Department’s workload as workflows are actively managed to cope with capacity issues. Planned award reviews are currently on hold in some cases which frees up resource to process registrations in other parts of the process but delays clearances for the award reviews themselves. Any PIP claim where an award review is waiting to be processed continues to receive their pre-review level of benefit. Customers whose needs have changed and who are awaiting a review may instead register a change of circumstance
    Just what that means for 'short term without review' PIP awards isn't made clear at all.
    Last edited by nukecad; 23-07-22 at 10:10.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Also nukecad are esa universal credit assessments on hold was due a reassessment last year was in the esa support group however due to moving to a different local authority I had to claim universal credit to be fair that went ok

Yes Work Capability reasessments for ESA/UC are also on hold, and they are only doing new claims assessments.

(And changes of cirumstance if you can nag/persuade them to to actually start a reassessment referral rather than just saying you'll have to wait, UC seems to be the worst for not doing it).

No doing WCA reassessments isn't quite the same problem as it is with PIP, because a Limited Capability for Work award doesn't have any set end date.
    All LCW/LCWRA awards are 'Ongoing' anyway.

Although I've not seen anything even semi-official as yet, there might be something burried is the last ESA statistics?
    I believe there was something about it mentioned in the Select Committee meeting on migration earlier this month though.

PS. The DWP don't publish WCA statistics for UC and have no plans to, which is annoying the Select Committee because it looks as if the DWP are trying to hide things.
    In fact Dr Coffey's latest letter to the committee is full of refusals to give them all kinds of information that they have asked for, the next meeting should be interesting.
    She's actually tried to claim Freedom of Information Act Section 35 exemptions to releasing information to them, that's not going to wash they are the Select Committee.
    It doesn't wash with FoI requesters either, the ICO is constantly overruling their invalid section 35 refusals.
    (I myself have had 2 ICO judgements in my favour on FoI's this year, as well as others that I know of).

My PIP was already extended by a over a year, on Scope the common opinion was these extensions wouldnt affect actual reassessment dates, but that never seemed logical, if they were extending awards it made sense it meant likely delayed reassessment.

I expect by the time my PIP is due to end these will be resumed.

So I suppose the migration from DLA TO PIP has been shelved for now.
    I have waited 7 years for the brown envelope to come through the door.
    to force me to change over to PIP. But heard nothing. I'm now 70 years old and my disabilities are getting worse.

I'd need to double check but I belive that as of the last statistics a very few DLA-PIP were still being done.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'd need to double check but I belive that as of the last statistics a very few DLA-PIP were still being done.
    So I might have to wait another seven year.
    I just wonder how many DLA to PIP migrations still need to be carried out.
    After seven years.
    Last edited by microbar; 27-07-22 at 17:00.

That is one reason why many think that their 'end of 2024' target for completing UC migrations is never going to be achieved.

From the latest PIP statistics, released on 14th June:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...-reassessments
    This summary contains official statistics on Personal Independence Payments (PIP). PIP helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term disability, ill-health or where they are approaching the end of their life due to a progressive disease. From 8th April 2013 DWP started to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for working age people with PIP.
    Some DLA reassessment activity also restarted during July 2020, for cases where a DLA claimant reports a change of circumstances, reaches the age of 16 (18 in Scotland from 1 September 2020) or voluntarily claims PIP, although new invitations to claim PIP for working age DLA claimants are not currently being sent out.
    So they are not currently doing any DLA-PIP migrations.
    In your particular case I don't believe that you will be 'invited' to claim PIP anyway.
    At 70 years old you are no longer a 'working age DLA claimant' so reading that you wouldn't be invited to claim PIP.

It is a bit confused though because according to the 'DLA for adults' webpage:
    https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-li...your-DLA-claim
    If you were born on or before 8 April 1948, you’ll continue to get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) as long as you’re eligible for it.

If you were born after 8 April 1948, your DLA will end. You’ll get a letter telling you when that will happen. You’ll continue to get DLA until that date.

Unless your circumstances change, you do not need to do anything until you get this letter.
    So that's currently age 74 and not "working Age".

One thing I do note is that when PIP first came out in 2013 it was 65 years back to 1948, and 65 was State Pension Age.
    It's probable that they always intended it being 'over State Pension Age' and they've just never got around to changing the 1948 date on that webpage?

Hi again nukecad my PIP was due to end 01/01/2022 i sent my review back November 2021 i still havent had my assessment and my PIP was extended until September 2022, it seems to be taking forever i take it its because off what you found out but PIP are not telling me that they just keep saying im in the assessment queue without given me any reason for such a long delay. Im growing tired off all the stress the waiting is given me i know we are all in the same boat but im really fedup.

As the old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for, it may come true'.

As long as they keep paying and leaving you alone then I'd class that as a win.