Thread: Had the dreaded PIP form come (review)

Had the dreaded PIP form come (review)

So, after 5 years it finally happened - I've had my review form come. Was expecting tbh.

I'm hearing all different timescales on FB for a decision to be made; all dependent on the area you live in.
    I'm in South Wales. Does anyone what the lead times could be for this area, or should I just assume it'll be around 10 months as that seems to be the most common wait time?

How do you find this on FB?

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    How do you find this on FB?
    I'm a member of some disability advice groups.
    I've asked the same question there as I have on here, but no one could answer it from my area.

I did similar post a while back i sent my review form back in feb still nothing someone i know helps people with these forms and like the people who replied to my post said it seems to be between 5-8months. But she told me that whatever the end date that was on my reward if not heard a month before that ring them so that will be oct for me

The major problem is the DWP and the decision maker.

I got a text to say that the DWP had received my report from the HCP 2 days after my phone interview.

It wasn't until over 10 weeks later that I got my decision letter!

So, my file either on paper or electronic form had been untouched by the DWP for at least 9 weeks!

I'm just reading the transcript of a Works and Pensions Select Comittee meeting from last week.

Questions were raised about assessment backlogs and as regards PIP asessments and re-assessments.
    The blame was put on record levels of new claims that hadn't been made during covid and are being made now.
    Peter Schofiled replied:
    The amount of time it takes for a new claim has actually been broadly steady and, indeed, has come down in recent weeks because of the action that we have taken that I have described. It is currently around about 20 weeks.
    Of course that's new claims and not re-assessments.

The ministers being questioned dodged questions about re-assessment times, just vague mutterings about maybe suspending DLA-PIP transfers and maybe extending existing PIP awards that are coming to an end.
    None of which would actually reduce backlogs, just push them further into the future in the hope that new PIP claims fall off thus freeing up assessors and DM's to do re-assessments.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-07-22 at 09:36.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'm just reading the transcript of a Works and Pensions Select Comittee meeting from last week.

Questions were raised about assessment backlogs and as regards PIP asessments and re-assessments.
    The blame was put on record levels of new claims that hadn't been made during covid and are being made now.
    Peter Schofiled replied:

Of course that's new claims and not re-assessments.

The ministers being questioned dodged questions about re-assessment times, just vague mutterings about maybe suspending DLA-PIP transfers and maybe extending existing PIP awards that are coming to an end.
    None of which would actually reduce backlogs, just push them further into the future in the hope that new PIP claims fall off thus freeing up assessors and DM's to do re-assessments.
    Typical Tory government, just put stuff off until a later date and let someone else deal with it, but no one ever does and the situation just gets worse.

Thanks everyone for your replies. In the meantime I'm just going to continue with the mindset that at least I'm still getting my money and try my best not worry about it