Thread: Mobility Car Accident

Mobility Car Accident

Dar Nukecad

Need some advice hope to get soon.
    I have mobility car and have accident when I was drive reverse my car. Now other party asked for some money for not making claim, but I still need to go to insurance because of repair as this is mobility car. Looking like is my fault. What is your kind advise what is best for me and when I inform insurance do they increase my insurance and how much they will incrased. What is best way for me. Hope to get your good advise.

Anees

I don't have a Motability car so can't help with that.

I'm sure that someone else here will have had to make am insurance claim and can tell you how it all works.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My insurance went up £25 for the next years policy after i reversed a trailer into the side of a van, they claimed £800 for a very small bit of panel damage which i was happy with as it was completely my fault.

I would not give them any money at all and do it all through your insurance or it may come back to bite you. Them asking for cash makes me think they either wouldnt get it repaired or they arent insured, taxed or moted and shouldnt be on the road in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    My insurance went up £25 for the next years policy after i reversed a trailer into the side of a van, they claimed £800 for a very small bit of panel damage which i was happy with as it was completely my fault.

I would not give them any money at all and do it all through your insurance or it may come back to bite you. Them asking for cash makes me think they either wouldnt get it repaired or they arent insured, taxed or moted and shouldnt be on the road in the first place.
    Thank you very much for your advise.

There should not be any increase in insurance premiums after an accident because the insurance cost are built into the DWP payments made to Motability on the customers behalf and also built into the AP you may have to pay when ordering a car if for example it has a more powerful engine.

If the accident is your fault or part fault then you will need to pay an excess payment of (of the top of my head) £100 if your over 25 years of age, £300 if your between 21 and 25 and £500 if you under 20.

It’s a group lease insurance and everyone pays the same and why you don’t get a no claims discount however it does not mean you can go around having accidents without a care in the world as Motability insurers will not insure you if your a liability but this is rare.

My advice is to play it safe and go through RSA/Motability insurance claims and not risk having future problems with the third party. The other thing to remember is your car is under the manufactures warranty and that would be null and void should the car be repaired by an unauthorised repairer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    There should not be any increase in insurance premiums after an accident because the insurance cost are built into the DWP payments made to Motability on the customers behalf and also built into the AP you may have to pay when ordering a car if for example it has a more powerful engine.

If the accident is your fault or part fault then you will need to pay an excess payment of (of the top of my head) £100 if your over 25 years of age, £300 if your between 21 and 25 and £500 if you under 20.

It’s a group lease insurance and everyone pays the same and why you don’t get a no claims discount however it does not mean you can go around having accidents without a care in the world as Motability insurers will not insure you if your a liability but this is rare.

My advice is to play it safe and go through RSA/Motability insurance claims and not risk having future problems with the third party. The other thing to remember is your car is under the manufactures warranty and that would be null and void should the car be repaired by an unauthorised repairer.
    Thanks Chrisk
    I have been confirm by RSA, they are not increasing my insurance and as you said they charge me £100 excess only nothing els. Thanks for your information.