Thread: P60 PIP ESA etc

P60 PIP ESA etc

So now I no longer have a benefit appointee, and the fun and games have started. I got a letter today from the ESA admin people asking for bank statements in order to do a capital review, which is stressing me out.

I'm trying to figure out, from the P60 that I got recently, about what benefits I'm actually receiving. (Asking my former appointee isn't an option). I thought I was just getting PIP, but no ESA. Is PIP benefit included in the total benefit on the P60? If someone was getting PIP and ESA, would that take the total benefit to over £10K for the year?

PIP isn't on the P60 as it's not taxable income.

Just send them the bank statements that they are asking for, they will be able to work things out from those.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Just send them the bank statements that they are asking for, they will be able to work things out from those.
    I remember when i had to send them 2 yrs bank statements and Yorkshire Bank charged me £5 for each monthly statement...a total of £120 it cost me....

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    I remember when i had to send them 2 yrs bank statements and Yorkshire Bank charged me £5 for each monthly statement...a total of £120 it cost me....
    Further to my last comment,i think the point should be made that it is always best to insist that you avoid paperless bank statements if you can,no matter how vigorously said banks pressurise you into doing otheriwse.Don't forget,the DWP gestapo can carry out a spot check at any time,and demand that you send them your bank statements.For those of you out there who do not have a printer,smartfone etc etc....said request from the bullies at DWP can cause extra stress,due to benefits being withdrawn if deadlines to send said bank statements in to them are not met..I am surprised nobody else has commented on this,to be honest.

I always insist on paper bank statements. I find them much easier to check if they are laid out in front of me plus I can make notes on them.

If you are paperless then it's quite easy to log into your bank account and print any needed statements off, much quicker too.

I can currently see/print/download my statements back to 2012, so for the last 10 years. (I only went to online banking and paperless last year).

If you don't have a printer yourself then you can download them to a memory stick (or onto your phone) and take them to your Library/Post Office/photo shop/print shop/friend to print them off.

The old statements are there even if you have not gone paperless (yet).

But TBH if you don't have access to your account online then it doesn't really make any sense to go paperless in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    If you are paperless then it's quite easy to log into your bank account and print any needed statements off, much quicker too.
    Unless, like me, you have a current account whereby every transaction other than a round pound sees the balance go into a saver account. My current account statement is littered with 1p, 5p, 10p etc transfers, each and every one recorded as an individual or at best daily transaction. One month can run to a dozen or more pages. Last time I had to show a statement I got the bank to print it out.

That said, since the onset of Covid and the vastly increased number of online transactions, those pennies have amounted to almost £300.

From reading other forums, some people have used the Data Protection Act and made a subject access request to the bank in order to get bank statements. There was a £10 fee, but now appears to be generally free.

This got me thinking it could be useful for other things. For a supermarket delivery that is late, I thought I had no way of proving it, except on a security camera. Looks like I could make a subject access request to the supermarket for the time of the delivery.

A SAR (also call a 'Right of Access') is to request the personal data that an organisation holds about you.

If the data is not recorded/stored then a SAR will not reveal it.

They should normally reply within a month, but do not have to reveal certain data.
    It should be free, but they can make admin charges in some circumstanced.

More information about SARs and how ro go about making one: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...-of-your-data/