Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cost of living payment

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I saw a video on youtube of Martin talking to Rishi the day he announced these amounts of money he will give us, Marting only had 15 mins with him & Rishi said the reason why they are splitting the £650 payment is to allow more people to claim it. If you weren't in the first cut off date for the first payment, you may get the second one also depending on the dates.
    It's quite simple:
    If you were on a qualifying benefit on 25th May then you will get the first part of the £650 payment automatically.
    If you are on a qualifying benefit on the second qualifying date (not announced yet) then you will get the second half of the £650 payment automatically.

So if you are ano a qualifying benefit on both dates then you will get both parts.
    If you go off qualifying benefitsbetween the 2 qualifying dates you will only get the first one.
    If you claim a quailfying benefit between the 2 qualifying dates you will get the second one.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It's quite simple:
    If you were on a qualifying benefit on 25th May then you will get the first part of the £650 payment automatically.
    If you are on a qualifying benefit on the second qualifying date (not announced yet) then you will get the second half of the £650 payment automatically.

So if you are ano a qualifying benefit on both dates then you will get both parts.
    If you go off qualifying benefitsbetween the 2 qualifying dates you will only get the first one.
    If you claim a quailfying benefit between the 2 qualifying dates you will get the second one.
    Yes I know Nuke, I just could not put it clearly in words like you have here & always If you look back It was Stubby who didn't know

What are the qualifying dates they using for the £400? given it looks like now I might be moving, I wonder if I am going to get messed up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    What are the qualifying dates they using for the £400? given it looks like now I might be moving, I wonder if I am going to get messed up on that.
    There doesn't seem to be a qualifying date, (but even if there is then presumably you'll have an electricty account at one property or the other so would qualify)
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...heme-explainer
    2. Will I be eligible for the Energy Bills Support Scheme?

All households with a domestic electricity connection will be automatically eligible for the £400 grant. There is no need to contact energy suppliers concerning this at this point.
    11. What if I move house or switch supplier?

All suppliers will be applying the reduction to bills from October 2022

The first payment of the £650 cost of living payment will start to go into people's banks from July 14th until the end of the month. The first payment will be £326:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...t-from-14-july

It also says:

The second instalment of £324 will be sent to qualifying low income households in the Autumn
    Last edited by StarBright; 15-06-22 at 07:12. Reason: Added more info

To expand on StarBrights above post (I'd already typed this so may as well post it).

Announced today -

The first part of the £625 will be £326 and "... will land in bank accounts from 14 July 2022, continuing to the end of the month."
    The second part will be £324 paid "in the Autumn" with the qualifying date to be "announced soon".

They have also updated the "Cost of Living Payment" webpage:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-...update-history
    It now clarifies the qualification date for the first payment as:
    To get the first Cost of Living Payment of £326, you must have been entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of either:

• Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022
    • income-based JSA, income-related ESA, Income Support or Pension Credit for any day in the period 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022
    They say the 2 payments are slightly different (by £2) to 'minimise fraud'; I'm not sure how that is supposed to work?

As for just what "... will land in bank accounts from 14 July 2022, continuing to the end of the month." means it still isn't very clear:
    I'm guessing that with UC it will mean included with your payment that falls between 14th July and 13th August.
    With Legacy Benefits who knows?
    Of course there is always the possibility that it will be done as a seperate payment and not made with your normal benefit payment.
    Last edited by nukecad; 15-06-22 at 07:21.

No problem Nuke

I'm "Guessing" for legacy benefits it will go in separate because the excuse of not getting the same £20 uplift for covid that the U/C were given.

But could be totally wrong

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    To expand on StarBrights above post (I'd already typed this so may as well post it).

Announced today -

The first part of the £625 will be £326 and "... will land in bank accounts from 14 July 2022, continuing to the end of the month."
    The second part will be £324 paid "in the Autumn" with the qualifying date to be "announced soon".

They have also updated the "Cost of Living Payment" webpage:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-...update-history
    It now clarifies the qualification date for the first payment as:

They say the 2 payments are slightly different (by £2) to 'minimise fraud'; I'm not sure how that is supposed to work?

As for just what "... will land in bank accounts from 14 July 2022, continuing to the end of the month." means it still isn't very clear:
    I'm guessing that with UC it will mean included with your payment that falls between 14th July and 13th August.
    With Legacy Benefits who knows?
    Of course there is always the possibility that it will be done as a seperate payment and not made with your normal benefit payment.
    Someone needs to show this to the BBC. They’re stating anyone on “any benefit” will get the payments.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSkies View Post
    Someone needs to show this to the BBC. They’re stating anyone on “any benefit” will get the payments.
    I stopped trusting what the BBC news says some time ago, always double check it elsewhere.

They have turned into a propoganda machine for the government again, plus their reporters seem to have got less trained/experinced and more lazy.

There's a new press release: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...m-14-july-2022
    Over 8 million households will receive the first of two cost of living instalments .... from 14 July 2022,
    Still no details of how the £326 payments will be made, just "from 14 July".

(My UC period runs from the 14th-13th of each month, so depending just how they do it then it's possible that I won't see the £326 until my UC payment on 20th August).

the disability top-up will land in bank accounts in September 2022.
    Same with the £150 payment for PIP/DLA/etc. no details, although the fact that they are calling it a "top-up" suggests that it may be with a normal payment?

One thing that is very interesting about the press release, if you scroll down it gives lists of how many in each geograpical area, and how many in each parliamentary constituency, will qualify for the payments.
    Which gives a very good indication of just how many are claiming IR benefits, and how many disability benefits, in each area.
    Last edited by nukecad; 23-06-22 at 10:19.