Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Payments

deleted as read it wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    "Families...families......families" when are the Govt. going to talk about single disabled people living alone???....Single disabled people paying the same standing charge as a family of 6 people!!...what help are they going to get i wonder...there must be a few single people out there getting paid apx £75 a week benefits...how are they meant to live??
    The same help if you are eligible.

If eligable, you'll get the £650 and the £150 for disabled people, plus what everyone is getting, £400 on the gas.

Was watching interview with Martin Money Lewis fella with Sunak earlier. Maybe I heard it wrong but there was mention ESA contribution based won't get the £650.

That would be right - it's only means-tested benefits that qualify for the £650 so if on CB ESA only(with no IR top-up) you would not get it.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

You may get a payment of £650 paid in 2 lump sums if you’re in receipt of any of the following:

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    Income Support
    Pension Credit
    Universal Credit

You will get one payment from July 2022 and a second payment in autumn 2022, if you’re entitled.

You will need to have been entitled to one of these qualifying benefits on 25 May 2022 to get the first payment.

Disability benefits

You may get a lump sum payment of £150 if you’re in receipt of any of the following:

Attendance Allowance
    Constant Attendance Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Personal Independence Payment
    Scottish Disability Benefits
    Armed Forces Independence Payment
    War Pension Mobility Supplement

You will need to have been entitled to one of these qualifying benefits on 25 May 2022 to get the payment.

You will get the payment by September 2022.

While this is welcome it does blow a rather large gaping hole in the government claim that those on legacy benefits couldn't have received an equivalent of the £20 UC uplift because the DWP computer system made it impossible. If they can pay out lump sums now why not then?

Quote Originally Posted by Votadini View Post
    While this is welcome it does blow a rather large gaping hole in the government claim that those on legacy benefits couldn't have received an equivalent of the £20 UC uplift because the DWP computer system made it impossible. If they can pay out lump sums now why not then?
    Youll see this come end July Autumn Sorry No Payments the computer could`nt handle i

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

You may get a payment of £650 paid in 2 lump sums if you’re in receipt of any of the following:

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    Income Support
    Pension Credit
    Universal Credit

You will get one payment from July 2022 and a second payment in autumn 2022, if you’re entitled.

You will need to have been entitled to one of these qualifying benefits on 25 May 2022 to get the first payment.

Disability benefits

You may get a lump sum payment of £150 if you’re in receipt of any of the following:

Attendance Allowance
    Constant Attendance Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Personal Independence Payment
    Scottish Disability Benefits
    Armed Forces Independence Payment
    War Pension Mobility Supplement

You will need to have been entitled to one of these qualifying benefits on 25 May 2022 to get the payment.

You will get the payment by September 2022.
    Interesting then Housing Benefit is not a qualifier on its own. I hope people get letters rather then just watching their bank account to see if they get it.

Exactly, the claimants for our UC uplift need to get the band back together and get back to court.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    That would be right - it's only means-tested benefits that qualify for the £650 so if on CB ESA only(with no IR top-up) you would not get it.
    I'm not sure what sort of ESA I'm on.
    I remember I had to go for an assessment.
    And I think I get the disability extra.
    I do get pip daily living too.
    So does that mean I'm not contribution based.
    I'm so confused.