Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Payments

Energy Payments

I'm really confused.
    For those of us on PIP/ESA can someone explain how these energy payments will be paid to us.

Are they paying it with our monthly pip payment or ESA payment.

One final question for those of us on PIP/ESA if they plan on giving us these energy payments through ESA PIP system could they not have done the UC uplift payment the same way?

Whats the breakdown of energy payments for us on PIP/ESA.

Thanks

Theyve only just been announced, the details will be out soon.

If it's the same as the previously announced £200 loan, it will be paid directly off your bill to your supplier. But we need to wait and see what the details are.

Yeah, all confusing so far.
    My friend texted and said £1200 over 2 payments this year.
    Wait for breakdown of payments I guess.

Are we talking about this? £650.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1529787197800558595

I wouldnt celebrate yet, the new WHD isnt covering all low income people they added a strange high energy use criteria, there might be some weird criteria on this which stops some low income people from getting it.

Nukecad tends to be good at finding official documents, so hopefully he pops up soon with the details.

4.8 million claim UC late 2021 (dont know figures for legacy means tested benefits), so at first glance it does look they may not have exclusion, but hopefully Nukecad can confirm.
    Last edited by worried33; 26-05-22 at 12:49.

[

One final question for those of us on PIP/ESA if they plan on giving us these energy payments through ESA PIP system could they not have done the UC uplift payment the same way?

Because they had no intention of paying it, plus dont hold your breath for these energy payment plus the one of 650 it will never happen

Bah Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    [

Because they had no intention of paying it, plus dont hold your breath for these energy payment plus the one of 650 it will never happen

Bah Humbug!
    Yep, I've learned my lesson after expecting the UC uplift for us on legacy benefits 😒

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    Are we talking about this? £650.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1529787197800558595

I wouldnt celebrate yet, the new WHD isnt covering all low income people they added a strange high energy use criteria, there might be some weird criteria on this which stops some low income people from getting it.

Nukecad tends to be good at finding official documents, so hopefully he pops up soon with the details.

4.8 million claim UC late 2021 (dont know figures for legacy means tested benefits), so at first glance it does look they may not have exclusion, but hopefully Nukecad can confirm.
    Yeah, wait for Nukecad, your right.

I have a few questions about all of this.

The first being is the £650 per household? If so and there are multiple people in a household eligible, how is it decided who will get the payment?

Another is the disabled person payment, is that on top of the £650?

The details are now on the BBC news site here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496