Thread: Royal Mail Stamps Expiry 31st January 2023

Royal Mail Stamps Expiry 31st January 2023

Just spotted this, so thought that I would share it before you post anything off or lose out on your old stamp books.

I only purchased books of stamps recently and was given the old ones not knowing, insist on the new barcoded ones. Link below how to swap your old stamps.

"We’re giving you plenty of notice about this change and any non-barcoded stamps you have will still be valid until 31 January 2023. If you won’t be able to use all of your stamps by that date you can swap them out for new
    barcoded ones

http://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps

You can request a form off them just add details if you don't have access to a printer or print out a pdf version.
    Last edited by TimeLord; 13-05-22 at 21:38.

I've go one stamp left in the book, don't think I'll bother sending it back even if I've not used it by January.

Rather than buying books of stamps you can now print your own postage as and when you want to.
    You can even arrange to have your letter/parcel picked up from home, for less than the price of the postage.

Or you can get a QR code on your phone that you can take to a Post office to use their printer.
    Although that seems odd, if you are going to the PO anyway then why not just pay there and skip the QR bit? (Maybe for when they sack their staff and go self-service).

https://send.royalmail.com/
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-05-22 at 07:27.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have 3 books and two Christmas ones that are still OK to use.

Lots of fake stamps have caused it and most entered the system off Amazon, and they are pretty accurate on first glance but don't have the UV and security marks.

This QR code on new stamps opens a video clip apparently. You're right about printing certain labels post offices do not accept they have to be taken to a royal mail drop off points defeats the object. I don't think my post office could deal with a QR code on a mobile they struggle with standard labels.

When my Grandad passed i cleared out his house and sold some of his things on ebay, he had a small stamp collection (one of his many hobbies that he got bored of) which i used to pay for the postage. Did make me chuckle when i was licking the back of nine 27 and a half pence stamps to make up the cost.

That's old even having to wet the stamps glue fix. Lol

I don't think they were made since the 90's so they was rare half pence. Made me smile many hobbies variety is the spice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    That's old even having to wet the stamps glue fix. Lol

I don't think they were made since the 90's so they was rare half pence. Made me smile many hobbies variety is the spice of life.
    He started collected the first day editions, i think they were called. The value of the postage was worth more than the set was worth so was cost effective to use it as postage for other sales.

What the hell are they going to do? Bin everything?

No you can send off unused stamps using the form for new version stamps. Anything old people use will be held or returned and a charge added to you or whoever it was sent to. It is a con because post offices are still selling the old stamps but also have the newer versions. 8 months to use them up or its worthless. I ordered a form with prepaid envelope to return £22.00 pounds of stamps.