Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount changes.

You looking at separate bits of data Nuke.

The paragraph that you quoted says 15% of core group 2 will be in a detached property.
    Note the 15% in the data I posted in the 2nd column? It matches up.

You treating both as the same data, you getting your self confused.

88% of people who are deemed to be of low income and living in detached properties will fit the WHD criteria. This will be 15% of all low income people eligible for WHD.
    7% of people who are deemed to be of low income and living in flats will fit the WHD criteria. This will be 6% of all low income people eligible for WHD.

The sentence you quoted does not contradict the data, you have simply misunderstood it.

15+35+14+26+4+6 = 100, 100 percent.
    Last edited by worried33; 30-07-22 at 14:07.

You have just said it yourself:
    Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    7% of people who are deemed to be of low income and living in flats will fit the WHD criteria. This will be 6% of all low income people eligible for WHD.
    That's 7% of all the people who will qualify.

It is NOT 7% of those living in flats.

There are just less people on low income living in flats than in the other types of housing.
    The percentage of flats is lower to start with.

Try an example:
    If 100% of people get a free kettle, but only an sixteenth of them live in flats, then there will be more people (a bigger percentage of the whole number) who are not in flats getting it.
    There would be just over 6% of the whole number who live in flats and get a kettle.
    But 100% of those living in flats still get their free kettle.
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-07-22 at 15:31.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You have just said it yourself:

That's 7% of all the people who will qualify.

It is NOT 7% of those living in flats.

There are just less people on low income living in flats than in the other types of housing.
    The percentage of flats is lower to start with.

Try an example:
    If 100% of people get a free kettle, but only an sixteenth of them live in flats, then there will be more people (a bigger percentage of the whole number) who are not in flats getting it.
    There would be just over 6% of the whole number who live in flats and get a kettle.
    But 100% of those living in flats still get their free kettle.
    I think we going to have leave it here, you just misunderstanding the data, and its hard to try and explain here with the tensions, I was wrong to mention things like ideology, but I do understand this document, they supplied very detailed information and I dont think you going to see what you want released.

Think to yourself what the following two phrases mean in English.

Proportion of low-income properties by type that have a high energy cost score

Proportion of total low-income and high-cost households

First is the 7%, second is the 6%.

It sounds like you want numbers for the number of properties as a fixed number, maybe you could get that from a FOI, but looking at the percentages, only 7% of flats is able to make up 6% of the total. Whilst 88% of detached makes up 15% of the total, from some maths that means if 88% of flats were deemed high energy it would be roughly 5 times the amount of people from detached, so there is roughly 5 times as many low income flats vs low income fully detached houses, I cant be bothered to work it out for the other 4 types though.

All the best Nuke.
    Last edited by worried33; 30-07-22 at 20:19.

Agreed you are not seeing it, they have sucessfully baffled you with their bullsh*t statistics and tables.

I'll have one last try to explain it:

There is no need for an FoI, we know the numbers:
    The English Housing Survey Report 2017-2018 (just before covid) reported that: "One in five households live in flats, most commonly in blocks of three storeys or less."
    Of the 23.1 million households in England 18.4 million lived in Houses, only 4.7 million lived in flats.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...lds_Report.pdf

There are simply 5 times more houses than flats, and any calculation is going to reflect that.

Some bar graphs have been generated to scale to the number of properties.

Combined value of all house types vs flats is a ratio of 2.64 aka 264% (this is assuming bungalow is a house type). This isnt really relevant but added for the benefit of those interested. This is for low income households, only low income households are considered for the high energy calculation.

Roughly 32% of low income occupants are deemed to have high energy use.

Here

https://imgur.com/vAxvDBo
    Attached Images
    Last edited by worried33; 05-08-22 at 22:39.

I really really wish there was some way of letting people know if they will get the money or not. It's the not knowing that's causing people to worry. Once you know if you are getting it or not, then you can process that & move on.

But always keep in mind that either Rishi or Mary will become PM the first week of Sept & they "might" do something's to help us. Again it's the same situation not knowing that's not helping people.

I wish I could make the worry go away for people. I have done a winter before with no heating on & I can say it's totally miserable I felt worse than I normally do & I got shingles on my back.

Did the old core group used to get notified when they automatically qualified? I do agree people should be told so they know where they stand.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    I do agree people should be told so they know where they stand.
    That's not going to happen because they are still making it up as they go along.

I checked with my supplier at the start of August - which I've done every year for the past six years (albeit with two different companies) - which is usually when details are available. This year the message was to check again in a month's time

Can I ask every yr i applied for the warm home discount but last week i got a letter and it said council tax energy rebate scheme £150 which had to take to post office to get is this what's replaced the warm home discount or not?