Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving from ESA SG to UC, my experience

Work coach has confirmed LCWRA has come through and I don't need to attend today's appointment or any in the future.
    I still have today's appointment in my to-do list so i've now asked her to double check that it's been cancelled.

They must be having a spring sale or something.
    They notified that they'd put my S-i-L's LCWRA on her claim yesterday as well.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The reply to my journal entry came from service center as I don't have a work coach now, the appointment couldn't be cancelled by them and they said it may show as failed to attend, which it does.

Not that I need to worry about a sanction, I didn't go because I got LCWRA & have a journal entry from WC saying I did not need to attend.

Could have been avoided if Work Coach had cancelled the appointment which she definitely mentioned doing last time I saw her, or marked as attended which another WC in same JCP did for a relative in similar circumstances, I've already said she didn't really know what she was doing!

ESA payment goes in tomorrow ahead of Easter, it's a strange amount of £241.53 which I've not been able to decipher, but happy with the amount, so with that & telling UC about my award they are working things out their end, still no further letters.

Paid for a prescription yesterday which was weird, got the FP57 to claim back once I get my first UC payment.
    Last edited by Kimmy123; 13-04-22 at 13:59.

ESA letter today dated 11 april, with all the right bits of information on, about 95% accurate which is pretty good for a DWP letter!

Confirms CB ESA only and at the correct rate with the correct dates on final page.

So now I await my first UC payment. Need to remember that I won't get the annual increase until my payment in June due to my first assessment period starting in March.
    Last edited by Kimmy123; 16-04-22 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy123 View Post
    Need to remember that I won't get the annual increase until my payment in June due to my first assessment period starting in March.
    That's right, UC doesn't go up until the start of your next AP after the increase date.

You don't 'lose out' by that, it's still an increase every 12 months, it just that in UC it happens on different dates for different people.

There is an interesting situation if like me you rent from a housing association.

HA rents usually go up on the same date as the benefit uprating date.
    That's a Change of Circumstances - and most C of C's in UC apply from the start of your AP.
    So my UC statement for this month does show the increase in the Housing Element, but not in the other rates yet.

You can actually win a couple of weeks of the rent increase that way. Housing Element goes up fom the start of your AP but the rent payable doesn't go up till after that.

Question when we moved from Incapacity to ESA, I was sent a P45 and P60 does that happen on moving over to universal credit ? The P45 was a bit of a shock unexpected when migrating from Incapacity Benifits to ESA.

Interesting question, I had to dig through my letters to check.

I didn't get a P60, instead it was just a letter from ESA stating how much ESA had been paid in that tax year and how much of it was taxable. (Zero in my case).
    The letter also said to expect a P45.

I did get a P45.
    Thinking about it one is automatically generated when any 'out of work' benefits claim ends, in case you are going back to work and need one for your new employer, if you are not going back to work then you just file it until the end of the Tax Year.

I got those because my ESA was all IR and so the ESA claim ended completely when I claimed UC instead.

However if your ESA is part CB and part IR then your ESA claim will still be open for the CB part - So because it hasn't ended there shouldn't be any need to issue a P45.

I'm not sure about the tax letter but with CB ESA in the mix I wouldn't expect one.
    CB ESA is taxable so as it's still ongoing they won't need to send an end-of-claim tax letter, they can just leave it until your anual P60 is due.

Again I'm not sure just how they handle the anual P60 when you migrate, I think that I should get one from ESA and one from UC.
    No doubt one (or both?) should turn up soon for the last tax year.
    And I believe that will be the same if you have CB ESA and UC, you should get an anual P60 from each.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-04-22 at 13:55.

As you know I am in SG IR, what worries me is they will try and get me into work with having to go job centre when never been before. Also if still in SG or whatever they call it, what do I put in the journal if not seeking work?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    As you know I am in SG IR, what worries me is they will try and get me into work with having to go job centre when never been before. Also if still in SG or whatever they call it, what do I put in the journal if not seeking work?
    Have a read through my thread if you haven't already, to see what has been happening with my claim.
    If still in SG your LCWRA carries over from ESA to UC you will be placed in a group with no work activity requirements. That means they will turn off requirements to add work stuff to journal. Your only requirement will be to keep them informed of any changes.

I had to attend the Job Centre once at the start of my claim, seems to vary as to whether they call you in or have a phone conversation/journal acceptance. That was just a chat about my circumstances and even though my LCWRA hadn't come through yet the Work Coach was able to turn off some requirements on my claim already.

I imagine (hope) with managed migration the approach will be more consistent.

Had my first statement today, everything looks about right as far as I can tell.
    Payment due Monday so will likely come in Friday because of the Bank Holiday.

Off topic but I also got unexpectedly short listed for a council flat last week. I'd noticed myself placing higher but didn't expect to be so high yet.
    After bidding ended I was 4 but the housing officers moved me to 2.
    Had a call saying the first person found somewhere else so I am off to view this morning.