Thread: Is this a SCAM, £20 for a Mobility Scooter

Is this a SCAM, £20 for a Mobility Scooter

Saw this advertised, a Mobility Scooter for only £20.38 and if you buy two of them you get free delivery. WOW surely this is just too good to be true or is it just a Bargain. I do not know, what do you all think? Click on Link.

https://delivv.shop/products/sco?fbc...rUnLOi70bDIatU
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

If it looks to good to be true then .......

Fill in the blanks.

Had a quick look on my phone and a few things on that webpage raise flags to me.

Photo looks like one shopping scooter in a charity shop.

Shipping graphic shows links origiating in Nigeria - the home of scammers.
    (I'm a Nigerian Prince/student/refugee/kidnap victim/whatever Scam emails are almost a joke these days - although surprisingly many still fall for them).

I would need to be on my computer with better security to say more but I'd avoid that weblink, and certainly wouldn't click on anything there.
    Last edited by nukecad; 22-03-22 at 21:02.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have seen that advertised too. The page does have the padlock symbol and you can pay via paypal but that link could be fake.
    I completely discounted it as too good to be true.
    Did you see it on Facebook?
    I never trust any advert I see on there.

After a closer look on a more secure computer:

That is ostensibly a "Transformer A892" - at least according to that website.

Which is a genuine electric folding scooter made in the USA by Solax and retailing for $2,425.
    On Amazon UK you can get one for £2,200.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solax-Trans.../dp/B01LWZ7I43

A bit different from twenty quid then.

Just looking at that website linked above the scooters shown in the images and various videos are all different models; its not even the same type of scooter in each video.

The website itself just looks dodgy.

Seeing a 'Sale ends in' timer is the first warning sign, funny how whenever you visit it's always 20 mins until the 'sale' ends.
    Close the browser tab and then go back - always 20 minutes.
    If you know what to look for then you might try changing tabs in your browser rather than closing it - and sure enough if you change to a different tab in your browser then it stops counting down until you go back to that tab again.

Click the 'home' button and you are shown a picture of a Bakery School in London ??
    Click the 'All products' button and there are just 14 pieces of cheap tat shown.

I don't think I need to go on - I wouldnt give those people any of my details at all, and certainly not any card, paypal, or other payment details.

But continuing anyway, just for a laugh.
    The 'Terms of use' section is quite good, including:
    We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
    Translation - Don't believe anything you see here.

And this is classic:
    We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations,
    Say no more.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.