Thread: anyone have updates on pip extensions??

anyone have updates on pip extensions??

Like a lot of people was due for pip reassessment last year as my claim date ends this year but due to covid and backlogs they extended a yr like i said i know a lot of people had that just wondered if anyone as had any letters about it since with an actual renew date as the extended date letter didn't have a date for that like the original award letter did.
    So just thought i'd see if anyone had any updates etc on this

So update today i got the reassessment form for pip they had said my award had been extended to 2023 but on this its back to this year march if you take out days for post to get there it's given me 10days to do which i couldn't get recent copies in that time that they are requesting so it will just be all the docs i see names and then i am printing off what i did first time round but with an added note where things have changed that will have to do i can get gp report as they don't want a gp support letter which i thought was same thing. Anyway saw a lot had looked at the post so thought let you know what's happened incase you are in same boat

They are changing to having PIP forms online now so there will be no postal issues, and you can attach things rather than printing them off.
    You'll still be able to get a paper form if you want one.

At the moment it's still rolling out, so a bit random whether you get an invitation to use the online system or not.

But it may be worth ringing them to ask if you can do one if you want to.

In September which is the latest figure i have they were 'offering' 2,500 digital PIP forms a week.

Can't give a 'general' link because each online PIP form is for an individual claim.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hello freedomeagle

I too had a PIP extension sent to me, but then one month later received my PIP review papers late 2020, also with very little time to return the form, with the added stress of the Christmas rush.

I would ignore the request not to send GP letters, as I think you intend to do.

My PIP review took over a year before I received the outcome of my M R which wasn't completely successful so I have no applied for an appeal at a tribunal.

Because my PIP review has taken so long I have now submitted yet another letter from my GP that both updates on a deterioration to my condition and clarifies my conditions have no hope of improvement.

I did because the DWP said in their tribunal response I did not have supporting evidence of my deterioration.

Seems they cannot make up their mind if they want conditions evidenced on not.

They sent me form no mention about online prefer postal as my scanner no longer works just printer and i don't have a smart/iphone. But thanks for reply Nuke

Sorry you had to go through this Buble48 I had intended to still send GP letter as did before as he lists all my medical issues which wouldn't fit on form as mine start from birth in 60s and new ones added every decade lol. None of my doctors understand why i went from indefinate on dla to 5yr review under pip i have had to explain pip don't do indefinate just ongoing but you can still be reviewed. I went from dla to pip so this is 1st review form which is bit different from the first form you do cos they just ask on everyone if anything as changed since last assessment. Hope yours as been or will be sorted soon good luck

Actually 'Indefinite' and 'Ongoing' both mean the same thing - 'Without a set end date' or 'Not know when it will end'.

The DWP changed which word they use to 'Ongoing' because many people confuse 'Indefinite' with 'Infinite'.

Infinite = Never ending. (Which is different from will end but nobody knows when).

TBH I believe that wording confusion was always intended, for political reasons.
    Slippery political use of words is nothing new.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.