Thread: Should I write to PIp Department ?

Should I write to PIp Department ?

Hi there,

Hope everyone is doing ok.

I think I am one of those affected by the descriptor mixing with people (awarded two points for prompting, but think I should have been awarded four as my partner gives me a lot of social support) I suffer from social phobia and anxiety.

I was one point short for Daily care, award was approx august 18.

In light of the high court judgement that states some claimants should have been awarded four points if a family member such as my partner provided social support, should I just wait until they go through the trawl in their own good time, or would it be better do you think for my partner to drop them a letter on my behalf?

Many Thanks for any advice.

I assume that you mean your award was made in August 2018?

Was your PIP awarded by the Tribunal?

This is the official word on the LEAP excercise:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...m-6-april-2016
    It needs an update though to the situation with awards made at tribunal.

If your award was decided by tribunal since 2016 that article says it will not be considered as part of the LEAP review- However in December 2021 the DWP changed their minds about that, and those possibly affected by the rulings and who had had an award made at tribunal should be getting a letter about that sometime in 2022.
    See this post:
    https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org...ided-PIP-cases
    From the announcement that is linked there:
    DWP management information has identified that, as of 1 November 2021:

• 46,000 cases have been identified as having a tribunal decision related to the MH UT decision and DWP plans to write to these claimants offering them the opportunity to ask for a review
    • 48,000 cases have been identified as having a tribunal decision related to the RJ UT decision and DWP plans to write to these claimants offering them the opportunity to ask for a review.

A case could be in both groups.
    Note also that the Leap review excercise is still ongoing, so even if your award was made by the DWP (rather than at tribunal) they may not have got round to you yet.

But by all means write them a letter to ask if you have or will be part of the review, and if not why not.
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-01-22 at 07:29.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nukecad for the info.

No it wasn't made at the tribunal, just the change over form DLA to PIP.

I was one point short for Daily Care so an extra few points now if awarded would mean I would have got Daily care.

I have suffered from social anxiety all my life, I avoid most social situations, when I can't do this or have a panic attack, my partner always gives me a lot of support which I think the High Court decision was about, that support can be allowed from a family member, other than someone like a social worker.

I was awarded two points in assessment for needing prompting, but as said I get a lot of support from my partner.

I do think I will get my partner to drop them a line on my behalf stating stating the above, to be honest I didn't really write anything in the forum at the time about my partner supporting me, as obviously I wasn't aware that the High court would have a ruling on this later on.

The assessor did state that my social phobia was bad, but no sure if not really mentioning my partner in the form I filled in would have a bearing on the review when it is done.

Thanks Nukcad, will try and get the letter off soon to to see how it does. I did ring last year, but they just said it will be done when they are ready.

John