Thread: PIP award due to end September

PIP award due to end September

Hi,

As in the title, my award is due to end in Sept. In previous awards I've been sent the reassessment form about a year before my awards have been due to end. This time I've had nothing in the post or on the phone.

Have things changed or should I be calling them to get things moving?

Thanks

There are reports of PIP renewal forms that have been sent out getting stuck in the post. (Covid absence at the PO and the Christmas rush).

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/17970/
    (There was at least one reply to that but it's not there at the moment, rightsnet seem to be having forum issues I couldn't login there all this weekend)

You could try ringing PIP to see if they have sent one out that hasn't arrived.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It should have come way before xmas I think, if they send it very late do they extend the award or will it just end?

If you reach the end date then payments will stop.

You say you have until September but as we all know assessments can take time, especially if you have to MR/Appeal.

How long was your last award for? (and did it get extended because of covid?).

If it was for less than 2 years then they don't start a review 12 months before it ends.
    Instead they 'invite' you to make a new application, I think that's about 12 or 14 weeks before it ends.

As covid has thrown many spanners in the works at the DWP your best bet is to give them a ring and ask what is happening.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-01-22 at 12:34.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

This was a 3 year award, I think I'll give it until 6 months left and then contact them if nothing comes through the post.